jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How Can You Get Rid of Ants Naturally?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How Can You Get Rid of Ants Naturally?

Without using pesticides what are some good ways to get rid of ants?

2. LovelyChris71 profile image61
    LovelyChris71posted 5 years ago

I use pure silicon caulk. You can seal cracks best with this. Sprinkle borax in dried paprika in crevices where ants lurk.

3. Sandy Frost profile image60
    Sandy Frostposted 5 years ago

The best natural way is to put few pieces of cloves in affected areas or apply some clove-oil by spraying it on the places where ants settle and scatter around. Clove is a natural repellent to ants.

4. Joann1234 profile image60
    Joann1234posted 5 years ago

They do like paprika or rosemary leaves . I hope that helps smile

5. catgypsy profile image78
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

Sprinkle salt around the area...obviously for outdoors! Or I suppose you could do this in cupboards.

6. amurbach profile image84
    amurbachposted 5 years ago

They have breathing holes on their body so anything that is really fine such as cinnamon, paprika, or pepper will suffocate them when they walk over it.

7. fourhappykids profile image59
    fourhappykidsposted 5 years ago

I have had great success with spritzing a solution of equal parts vinegar and water around the trouble areas. Good luck!

8. sonnys profile image42
    sonnysposted 5 years ago

Boric Acid and diatomaceous earth work well

9. lawrence2012 profile image54
    lawrence2012posted 5 years ago

The best way to get rid of ants is to remove the reason for their infestation.  If you have ants in your house, it is for a reason.  They are likely feeding off of something in your home, or on the remnants of something that was once there.  If you remove this item, the ants will move on to greener pastures.

working