Why does your brain remember things?

1. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Why does your brain remember things?

Why is it always more easy to recall useless facts that you know, compared to more important facts and figures that you really  need to know.

2. Brandon Martin profile image78
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

I usually remember things by very little repetition. When I repeat something too many times I never remember it.

I would assume that people with photographic memories would remember things better. From the very core of our brains, which was near the outside when we were little was easier to remember stuff as the brain was storing it and forming new memory chips on the outer layers. So since our nose can recognize about 50,000 different scents, then it is probably depending on the health of your neurological system right?

People who suffer from neurological disorders often have a harder time remembering many things. Plus we need brain food like healthy greens and proteins in order to duplicate a healthy memory cell, when the others die from  possibly traumas or illnesses (like people with cancer, migraines, or frequent fevers).

1. sangre profile image96
      sangreposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ok, you made me think more about this. I need to repeat somethings a good few times to keep it stored in my brain. Wish I had a photographic memory. :-)

working