jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever met a person who still thinks humans still haven't found the end o

1. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 5 years ago

Have you ever met a person who still thinks humans still haven't found the end of the earth?

and even if you explain it to them, they cannot grasp it. one person I met thought space starts just after some forests west of canada. another guy I met last week thought man still has not found the end of the world.... :S

2. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

Yes, there are some people from rural parts of Asia, South America and Africa that have no idea physics, or most anything else related to science

3. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

No I haven't.  But I remember hearing about a flat earth society when I was younger.  I just searched for them and guess what?  They are still around.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

4. molometer profile image84
    molometerposted 5 years ago

I meet them all the time, but then I am a teacher and find that every new generation needs to be taught; what we all take, for granted.

1. arksys profile image90
      arksysposted 5 years agoin reply to this

very true.

5. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

No, arksys, I have not met anyone who professes that they believe "the earth is flat" or that there is an "end of the earth" somewhere.
    However, there are "backwards" behaving people who practice "wrong thinking," toward other humans and towards "Nature."
    You see, we are in "a fix," so to speak, in this world because of people who are "not playing with a full deck," so to speak..
    I may sound like I am negative toward those people who are not intelligent or smart enough, or whatever the problem is, to except facts, but I am sort of discouraged with "out of touch" thinking people. I have to force myself to be more patient with those who are less fortunate that myself, or you. There will always be people who do not know the truth, or want to know or except the truth.
    Good question, arksys.
    Take care.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

6. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

No, I have not met a person as you explained.

7. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

It is the exposure we individual have and I will not be surprised if one asks or think about it.

I had someone saying to be that a person can get pregnant by kissing. So, it is the education that helps us to realize many things. If a person is confined in his/her own world then such things can be seen.

working