Does anyone know of any free online programs that help kids with school even dur

1. Mommiegee profile image76
    Mommiegeeposted 5 years ago

Does anyone know of any free online programs that help kids with school even during the summer time?

2. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 5 years ago

khanacademy.org is great, but the truth is, a textbook is much better than a summary. Only the full details can make a person an expect on a subject. No short cuts. Introverts are statistically shown to do better in school because they spend more time learning. There's a point when outside help won't help because they've reached a limit to their knowledge.
    Source? I am a 4.0 GPA student in college researching Aging and Cancer and I've helped D students get B's and only professors can keep up with what I've learnt.

3. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

Mommiegee, I would suggest you contact your school or school district and ask them. There are many online programs that can be accessed at no charge that include the lessons with them. Someone should be able to suggest some sites and give you some that are age/grade appropriate for your child. My youngest child is middle school age now but when he was younger I did what you are doing and it does make a difference when they go back. I think it is harder to do when they get older and get involved in other activities. It is amazing how much they "forget" during the summer if you let them. Even just doing a little helps. Of course, reading is always good for the language arts side of it. Good luck!

working