jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your solution to America's debt problem?

1. jgall34 profile image69
    jgall34posted 5 years ago

What is your solution to America's debt problem?

With a $15 trillion and climbing Congress is looking at ways to reduce deficits by cutting spending and raising taxes.  Of course by doing this it can create an economic slow down thus increasing your overall debt.  Should lawmakers be focused on higher taxes or spending cuts.  Who should pay? And where should spending be cut?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Historically, wars are what bankrupt nations. Pull our troops out of every country they are in and cut military spending down to a very modest level. Our economy will briefly shift and then flourish. We would even be able to lower taxes and still pay down the debt.

3. Nick Barricella profile image69
    Nick Barricellaposted 5 years ago

Legalize marijuana. I'm not a smoker myself, but we Americans waste our time and money tracking down people who grow/ distribute marijuana. As I've said I don't currently smoke it, and I'm not sure if I'll be going back, but marijuana never made me want to kill or hurt anybody. If anything it made me a more relaxed and friendly person. We waste billions paying for prisoners who are locked up for marijuana related offences. Just because you smoke marijuana, doesn't mean you're a bad person. America should legalize marijuana, and spend more time cracking down on more hardcore drugs/ dealers instead. As a side note, if marijuana were to be sold in stores you would have less violence on the streets. I know more than one person who has been robbed just for marijuana. Additionally, the government would be able to tax it. This is a very simple solution.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

To which country in the two American continents are you refering, or do you mean allof them?

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

since Canada is part of america, i don't worry about our debt too much. now if i lived in the U.S., getting rid of their form of Capitalism would be the first thing i would do.