jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that the world will end in 2012?

1. Ellana317 profile image78
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Do you believe that the world will end in 2012?

Considering all the panic that Y2K caused because of the end of the world predictions, I am wondering if anyone is seriously concerned with the predictions given by the Mayan Calendar.

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, not at all. I fully believe we do not know the day or time, and no one can predict it.

3. profile image55
    Ms Mooseposted 5 years ago

I do not believe the world will end this year, simply because we stilll have alot of good things to do, like good deeds that need to be done, before we leave this earth in whatever shape or form.

4. profile image0
    penny321posted 5 years ago

I'm all about evidence.  Thus far, exhaustive research shows that the world will end in 7 billion years when the sun's atmosphere pushes Earth out into space, thus ending Earth's sustainability.

5. Vegas Elias profile image26
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

No, the world will definitely not end in 2012. This is because whoever is predicting such things are talking of time cycles of 3600 to 5000 years. That proves that whatever may happen in 2012 has already happened several times in the past and the world has survived all that.

6. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

Never .  We canoot decide the end of this world because we are not its creator.  Everything will do by the nature itself.

7. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

My guess is they had a village idiot who kept causing problems.  So they had him work on the calender as a punishment; forgot about it until a few months later and told him he could stop.  Then he tossed it and here we are debating it in all of its glory.  =-P