jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever experienced God in your life?

1. boyatdelhi profile image83
    boyatdelhiposted 5 years ago

Have you ever experienced God in your life?

When? How? Please elaborate...

2. Marie Flint profile image89
    Marie Flintposted 5 years ago

All the time--God is omnipresent. The last significant experience I had was volunteer reading to an elderly lady at the local nursing home. I held her hand as I read to her from the Bible. She didn't say anything, but I could tell she was listening attentively. Then, as I was beginning to leave, she said, "Come back." Those two little words expressed her appreciation. The experience was heart-warming. I promised her I would be back next week.

3. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

If experiencing God is Divine Protection, Divine Providence, Divine Guidance, a Gift and Occurrence of Miracles, etc.; then I would say I have many many many experiences with God.
    Try this situation which I consider a manifestation of a Divine Protection;
    For certain valid reasons, I found myself in a store that was supposedly closed in that 9:00 o'clock at night. Earlier that day I was with a group of young people in our church in an excursion but I had gone astray and completely lost my way. I walked in that very remote area in Ozamis and had no idea that it was a Muslim-bandits-infested area.
    I was 15 years old and in that very remote area where that store was the only house existing and where four armed bandits were drinking when I appeared in the half closed door...I was surely in a very dangerous situation for a kidnap or rape or God knows what kind of hell I stumbled on.
    The owners, elderly couple, in which the wife instantly approached me in the door and gently dragged me to the back and pointed me to escape through the back door...were terrified. I didn't understand the Muslim dialect and these bandits instantly followed me. Outside, the moon was bright and I instantly got nervous seeing them...There was a tree at the back and I stood under its shade as I stared at the bright moon up in the sky and as I recited quietly to myself "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want...yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me..."
    The bandits were rounding the tree but they never saw me...then I noticed from a little distance that there was the highway and a bus was coming...I learned later that it was the last trip going to the city where I lived...I ran towards the highway and hailed the bus. It was then that the bandits saw me and chased me...it was so closed but I was able to get into the bus. The bus did not really stop...it just slowed down when the driver noticed that I was chased by these armed men. A man at the door of the bus grabbed me as the bus slowed down...
    If this is not a Divine Protection then I would not know what could have happened to me.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Yes; I will refer you to my Hubpages URL@:
    http://connorj.hubpages.com/hub/There-a … -Version-2