jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How Do You Control Conversation where Person Is asking for A lot of Personal Inf

1. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

How Do You Control Conversation where Person Is asking for A lot of Personal Information?

There are situations where some people have edge in conversation like parents meet, interview, party and other events and they ask you a lot of personal stuff and in return they don't give much of their own information.

They just shrug off or dodge your question to them.

How do you control such conversation or How do you avoid yourself getting into such position at first place?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i just tell them, "getting a little personal aren't you". i'm a very private person and i only share what i want to when it comes to my life. i don't let people get personal with me unless i want them to.

3. Gypsy Willow profile image81
    Gypsy Willowposted 5 years ago

Change the subject. Use a physical movement to stop the flow of conversation like dropping a pen or blowing your nose then kick off again by asking them a question.

4. drsohel profile image76
    drsohelposted 5 years ago

What I do is, try to avoid the questions. If I can't avoid, I ask directly to stop the matter as it's going more personal.

working