jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think happened to Amelia Earhart?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image79
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

What do you think happened to Amelia Earhart?

75 years ago this month Amelia Earhart and her navigator vanished and it created one of the hottest debated mysteries of our time. Some people say they simply crashed while other people say the Japanese executed Earhart and her navigator as American Spies. What do you think???

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6933493_f260.jpg

2. d.william profile image77
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

There is obviously NO correct answer to this question.  As long as there are unsolved mysteries there will be multiple speculative explanations based on what each individual believes in as truth.  Either explanation could be possible, or simply that they ran into a flock of birds that disabled their plane and they were lost to the sea, but that explanation is less romantic than others.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I believe she crashed into the water and swam to an island. She couldn't call for help and died a castaway.

4. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I believe when she "missed" Howland Island her fate was sealed. She was low on fuel and....lost. Her last minutes would have been spent searching for Howland, while flying in a grid pattern, which she never found and with her fuel exhausted went down in the Pacific.

5. bernard.sinai profile image80
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

What happened to Amelia Earhart is a mystery but some people believe she crashed somewhere in the jungles of Papua New Guinea (PNG). The locals tell of stories of sighting plane wrecks in the jungle but none have been confirmed as Earhart’s.

I think she may have crashed somewhere out in the open ocean which is why they have not found her yet.

working