jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where were you when JFK was assassinated?

1. Der Meister profile image70
    Der Meisterposted 5 years ago

Where were you when JFK was assassinated?

2. Sue St. Clair profile image72
    Sue St. Clairposted 5 years ago

Traveling from Houston to San Antonio, Texas. I had just seen him in Houston at Hobby Airport the day before. It was unreal to consider that the President I had just seen the day before had been assassinated.

3. juliusoweh profile image61
    juliusowehposted 5 years ago

I was a kid still sucking my mum breast in the rural village of Ibrede, Delta State of Nigeria

4. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

This is a good question Meister. Walking down the sidewalk to moms car after kindergarten care. The announcement of his death on the PA stopped me in my tracks even though I had no idea what was what. It was like a massive, invisible wave of emotion had suddenly passed through me leaving a intuition that nothing was going to be the same in the world, ever again.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I was in the 7th grade, which was called Junior High School back then, when the news started going around the school. The principal played the radio over the intercom system and soon we had a copy of the local evening paper, which had to redo its front page to get the story in.

It was a strange experience. Louisiana did not support Kennedy in his election. My family did. When Lyndon Johnson ran against Barry Goldwater, Johnson carried all but two states--his home state of Arizona and you guessed it, Louisiana.  Now we are a Republican state. As Bob Dylan said, "The times, they are a changing."