jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How many school supplies and snacks and beverages are your family required to bu

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

How many school supplies and snacks and beverages are your family required to buy for your child's

classroom every year in addition to the supplies for your child? Some back-to-school lists seem to have a quantity equal to a week's trip to the grocery store - markers, pencils, tissues, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, band aids, packaged cakes and donuts, crackers, juice boxes. Is this all too much?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

Our back to school supplies were always pretty reasonable for our public school system.  There are always lots of sales going on around that time of year and I was able to shop around and get the good deals.  Also you can space out your purchases so you do not have to buy everything at once. 

The only really expensive thing we had was a fancy calculator, which we still use today.  We didn't have to buy food though, just the tissues.

3. Brainy Bunny profile image95
    Brainy Bunnyposted 5 years ago

I don't have to buy food, but between my two kids I have to bring in something like 15 boxes of tissues for the school year. What do they do with them all?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question. Do they stockpile? Do they all use a box a day in the classroom?

2. FreezeFrame34 profile image77
      FreezeFrame34posted 5 years agoin reply to this

They absolutely stockpile;  you would not believe how many tissues a class goes through during cold and flu season.

We have such a large population of students at or below the poverty level that we CAN'T ask anyone to bring in tissues. I pay for it

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's expensive, FreezeFrame34!

working