jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you handle prejudice when it is directed towards you?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

How do you handle prejudice when it is directed towards you?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It depends on the prejudice and how heated it gets. Though I honestly can't see why there is prejudice normally. To me there is almost no point.

3. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Prejudice..it means preconceived judgment as I recall...

Definition of PREJUDICE

1 : injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims
    2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
    b : an instance of such judgment or opinion
    c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

I never really thought of  it until the other day when both sides of a transaction were using those words of judging the other party, from history..

So I thought about it for the first time..in over 20 years. It actually shocked me so it must be something I have overlooked or ignored..

Directed towards you...

I am afraid my answer is always the same..show compassion towards the person whom you feel is prejudiced towards you and has done you wrong.

We do not know how far back you go..same game..lifetime after lifetime.

That you asked is probably because you need it to be resolved in this lifetime.

My opinion only...

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a beautiully spiritual and evolved response!

working