jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you appreciate most about nature?

1. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 5 years ago

What do you appreciate most about nature?

Man is constantly bringing change to the world's natural forms and climate...while there are those who struggle to preserve it. What is the most enjoyable for you, that only nature can give?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6950715_f260.jpg

2. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 5 years ago

I appreciate Nature very much for helping me realize that I and the rest of humanity are part of it and that nature is not just an appendage to humanity.

lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank for being my first answer. We are all part of nature and need to appreciate it, without it none of us would be here. Enjoy it and help preserve it whenever possible.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

This is indeed an interesting question. I personally appreciate both the beauty and awesomeness of nature. When I was a surveyor in Northern Ontario I visited some areas where "man" had never been before and witnessed some extraordinary events. For instance, I watched a lone wolf chase and take down a moose calf and actually drown it in order to minmize the smell of the carcas so he (the wolf) could enjoy dinner alone (later on). If the wolf had allowed the calf to bleed, the smell would have attracted many other diner-types and he would have had to share his catch. As I grow older now, I think I am beginning to recognize the "hand of God" in much of nature also. When I take walks in the forest around where we live, I feel closer to God.

You have experienced nature in some ways many us will not get the chance to see. That wolf you saw was doing exactly what nature intended, he was thinking ahead. I agree, God may be closer to us in nature, as our mind and thoughts are more clear.

4. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I like how nature gives birth to plants and creates rainbows in the skies so every creature and see it.  I also love the free water nature provides to nourish earth.   And it so wonderful to watch hummingbirds and butterflies enjoy the sunshine.

Yes, nature provides us with spectacular beauty such as rainbows, rain, and sunshine, just to name a few, and allows us to enjoy it. This is a way nature helps us to feel good about ourselves and relieve stress.

working