jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is There STILL a MISPERCEPTION of Left-Handed People In This Postmodern Era?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Is There STILL  a MISPERCEPTION of Left-Handed People In This Postmodern Era?

2. eternals3ptember profile image62
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Do you mean things like the old belief it was a sign of the devil or something like that?
    I've never seen anyone treated differently for being left-handed, and never thought of it as a big deal.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, I meant the societal perception of left-handers as oddballs.     Yes, that was old wives tales.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm left-handed, and I have never experienced anything odd or unusual treatment because of it. I do notice when writing a check or something, a lot of people comment, "oh, a lefty."

4. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I do not think there is, my mom is a left-handed person and I know some others too, but they never said they have any bad experiences because they are left-handed. It is true that some people still tend to comment on if they see you are a lefty, but I believe this is not an offense, they just like to realise if someone is somewhat more 'special' than the others smile. So all in all, it is not a disadvantage or a bad thing.

5. hair bender profile image67
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

Well, as the right side of the brain is dominated by the left side of the body, we can safely say that Left handers are in their right mind.  And, think about it, we NEVER miss at tool booths!  Righties look down at the change in their left hand and have no idea of how to chuck the money into the basket!  Quite hilarious to watch as they storm out of their car to retrieve their change and then place it-with their RIGHT hand into the basket!