jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you for or against School Uniforms in Public Schools

1. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 5 years ago

Are you for or against School Uniforms in Public Schools

2. profile image0
    rickyliceaposted 5 years ago

No it's too conformist, let everyone dress however they want, within certain bounds.

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I think there are a lot of problems with kids and fashion. There is too much emphasis placed on image, there is far too much money spent on it, and there is too much sexual objectification. Unfortunately school uniforms/no school uniforms don't magically or automatically do anything about these issues. I think school uniforms COULD address some of these issues, they are still things which need to be taught. Ultimately, I'd probably say no, let people decide on their own. But, if I were enrolling my child in a school I think I would at least want there to be a dress code policy which sought some level of modesty.

4. B Lucy profile image61
    B Lucyposted 5 years ago

My daughter's school has a dress code so we don't have to purchase uniforms.  But they do have basic rules such as khaki or navy bottoms and collared shirts. 

As a parent, I love it.  It has eliminated morning chaos and arguments.  I am no longer the bad guy for not letting her wear something I deem inappropriate for school.

It also eliminates her asking for certain clothes because so-and-so has a pair.  I put all of her school clothes on red hangers (her school color) and she dresses herself in the mornings.

So, I do endorse dress codes . . but maybe not a system as strict as identical uniforms.

5. profile image0
    dunja-88posted 5 years ago

for. I went to catholic school and wore a uniform.. yes you did wish you could wear your regular clothes but the kids who got fun of for being poor just by their shoes and shirts being dirty... I'm sure it would have been worse for them without the uniform.