jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Is The Most Inspirational Quote Of All Time?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Is The Most Inspirational Quote Of All Time?

What Is The Most Inspirational Quote Of All Time? Who said it? Why do you think it is the most inspirational quote of all time?

2. Jonathon Kennedy profile image61
    Jonathon Kennedyposted 5 years ago

“I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.”  Abraham Lincoln (often attributed to, at least. I have no way of being sure.)

It's simple and reminds the person reading it to never stop going forward.

3. unvrso profile image90
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:34

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Well there are indeed some exceptionally extraordinary ones to consider; however, as I am approaching retirement and do not want to do, what some say, take advantage of this so called opportunity (retirement). I will "single-out" this one by George Bernard Shaw: "We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing”
    I believe this directly addresses the fact that when we stop doing what we have invested most of our time doing throughout our life or perhaps, what we love to do, it is significantly destructive to both our physical, mental and if I may add our emotional and interpersonal health.
    Have you ever contemplated why so many seem to rapidly deteriorate after they have retired and have been "cut-off" from what they have indeed spent the majority of their time doing?

5. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

"He who expects little, shall not be disappointed" - My father.

This one phrase has caused me to dream big, strive harder and push myself into areas where I am naturally uncomfortable.  This has in turn, caused me to become a better, more rounded person and to have experienced much more than I would have otherwise.

6. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

'What goes around comes around', my Grandmother taught me this one, I don't know if it is true, but I try to live by it:)

working