jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it is ever too late to go back to College?

1. CatsPage profile image75
    CatsPageposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is ever too late to go back to College?

2. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

No it is never too late to go back to College.  It would be a wise decision because you can upgrade your skills that way.

3. GiblinGirl profile image84
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

No it's never too late. I actually think college might be a better experience if you go back a little later in life. At that point I feel like it's more of a choice for the person - something they really want to do for themselves, not something they feel like they have to do.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

No, because the older one gets, the better they tend to perform in college. This is because college is geared more around hard work than it is about actually learning anything. People who have spent a great deal of time in an ordinary work environment will probably find college relatively easy and rewarding.

5. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not; there is always something else to learn and it could serve as excellent mental therapy, that is to "delve" into something relatively new in your life. It could very easily increase your self-esteem and self-efficacy... I am still in college now that I have rounded 17 for a third time and I have absolutely no regrets... However, I am now a senior professor at my college.

6. professorjeff profile image76
    professorjeffposted 5 years ago

Depends on what you're going for. I've had a few students in their 60s even 70s. Leaning is lifelong for career and personal needs--knowledge, attitudes, skills--so there's no need to stop really. But you don't need college to continue to learn. Personally, I am on beyond ever going back for I have reached the point of no return in my needs. But that's just me. To each his / her chosen own. Peace!

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. I don't think it is ever too late. For two years at the community college, I had classes with many adults changing careers.