jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a teacher that meant a lot to you in the past, and can they be as famil

1. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Is there a teacher that meant a lot to you in the past, and can they be as family in their roles?

Do you have a teacher that you can thank for helping you when you were back in school. and can a teacher be like an extension of your family?

2. craiglyn profile image78
    craiglynposted 5 years ago

I had a homeroom teacher back when I was in my Commercial class - grades 9 and 10  - a three year course.  In the middle of this, my parents separated, dad moved back to Toronto and we carried on with mom in our small community near Hamilton. At the end of grade 10 - mom moved back to Hamilton and at the same time I decided that I wouldn't return to school for my last year  - grade 11 which would mean not getting my certificate for the commercial course.   One month had gone by in the new school year and I had been applying at different banks, insurance companies etc. etc. and getting nowhere.   In October my mother called my highschool, spoke to the principal and asked if I could come back.  It was resounding "yes" and not only that my homeroom teacher "Mr. Tidy"  -I will never forget him  - called my mom and told her he would pick me up each and every morning at the corner of my street, on his way in from his hometown.  This I believe truly changed the course of my life.

3. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Good teachers can make a difference in all of our lives, can't they.Thanks for your nice response,craiglyn.

4. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

My teacher in my third grade encouraged me to pour my heart in writing and I keep writing with my heart on my sleeve from that time on...doesn't matter which language I use, when my fellow hubbers praise me on my unique writing style, I always think about my Language teacher (she taught me Slovak and Russian).
    When I entered my first writing competition to represent my school, she checked it and praised me for my writing style and correct grammar and puntuality, and yet, she said, my writing is just like any other writing, nothing special about it....She returned my writing to me and said: "Now, forget the perfection and think about originality, pour your heart into your writing, make it unique, just yours".