Is there a Non Profit online College?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Is there a Non Profit online College?

Is there a non profit online only college? I have heard some horror stories about the for profit online colleges but due to my schedule I am unable to go to a regular college. My only option is online.

2. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I'm not aware of any non-profit colleges, online or off. Do you mean like a public university? I have heard horror stories about places like University of Phoenix.

If you want to take online classes, I recommend finding a few respectable brick-and-mortar universities with programs that interests you. Then, check to see if they have online options. I know a number of universities around here do, including University of Illinois.

3. Kierstin Carreira profile image61
    Kierstin Carreiraposted 5 years ago

Absolutely!  Western Governors University is a non profit University and the tuition is a fraction of a traditional University and even the other online options.  I am currently a student here (WGU) Studying Marketing Management and absolutely LOVE it!  I looked into all of the known school that you see advertised  everywhere and then found WGU.  Thank God I did because it was a third of the cost.  Plus, you pay per term, not per credit, so you get a lot more for your money.  You can do as many courses as you want.  If you are interested in discussing further I would be happy to share.  The courses are hard, the mentors push you but all with your end goal in mind, not theirs.