jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does season affect your mood? Why?

1. anupma profile image78
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

Does season affect your mood? Why?

With change of season, our life style changes. Does your mood also change with it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7158263_f260.jpg

2. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Sunlight affects our mood.  I believe when it is sunny and warm, the days are longer and our mood is more upbeat.  In the winter, the days are shorter.  They are cloudy and dreary.  In the winter, more people are depressed.  The condition is Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.).

3. crazymom3 profile image75
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

Winter tends to deppress me.  It is the greyness, the coldness and maybe even the lack of sun exposure.  to fix it I have a huge bright sunset painting that covers my wall.

4. Swinter12 profile image69
    Swinter12posted 5 years ago

I've always lived in relatively hot places, so I've never experienced severe winters (or snow for that matter). All I can say is that the heat can often be unbearable making it nearly impossible to step outside run errands. So, in those extremely hot days, all I want to do is stay inside air-conditioned buildings. If I were to stay 30 minutes in the sun in my town's center I would most definitely feel exhausted, irritable and be consumed by a dire need for a cold shower.
    So, I guess it depends on the person and what seasons they've had to deal with and with which ones they've suffered most. I guess it always seems greener in the other side of the fence. I have always been delighted by snow and wished I lived in a cooler place.

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

In Florida, we do not see the seasonal change effects as much.  However, when the sun is covered for days, our mood is a bit dampened.  The summer heat is intolerable at times.

working