jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I want an ant eater I know u said where but how do u find the right people to ta

1. Chelsea Mychaela profile image54
    Chelsea Mychaelaposted 5 years ago

I want an ant eater I know u said where but how do u find the right people to talk to to get one?

I live in florida and there are exotic pet shops around me but none that carry the kind of animals I'm looking for I also want a kinkajou that I'm having trouble finding

2. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 5 years ago

These pets are not domesticated animals and need to be kept in zoos where the vets and caretakers are fully understand the needs of each different animal.  Stick with domesticated animals - not wild ones.

Chelsea Mychaelaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All animals were wild at one point in time and in domesticating animals we keep a lot of them safe there are exotic vets out here and ways to learn everything u need to know to care for animals. I guess everyone has different points of views

2. agilitymach profile image98
      agilitymachposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have you studied the science of domestication?  I suggest you do so if you are considering owning a non-domesticated animal.  Domestication does things to animals.  Study what those things are. You will be shocked.

3. vdragonsblood profile image60
      vdragonsbloodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree on some aspects, and ant eaters are a very difficult animal to care for. But many exotics out there are still consider not domesticated...such as many reptiles.  I would love to have an albino skunk (descented of course!)

3. Shaddie profile image92
    Shaddieposted 5 years ago

I am unsure of where to find an anteater, but kinkajous are not that difficult to locate. Florida has a lot of laws against exotic animal keeping however, and I'm not sure how they feel about the above mentioned animals. A quick search online will bring you lots of information on kinkajou breeders in the U.S. Check out this website as well: http://exoticanimalsforsale.net/

Chelsea Mychaelaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

working