jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is it that causes you to fully focus and lose track of the passage of time?

1. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

What is it that causes you to fully focus and lose track of the passage of time?

Is there an activity that you engage in that is not too personal to share that causes you to lose track of time?

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

It used to be day dreaming. I am no longer able to day dream in the way I could when I was young and I very much regret that loss. I could have sat in a chair (or more frequently in school) and have been away somewhere else inside my head, not hearing anything the teacher said! If I couldn't sleep at night, it was no problem, I just "found my place" in my current daydream and continued the story.

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I was going to say repairing clocks but I'm not now, or I just did so defeated the first sentiment!
    As an amateur painter I can totally lose track of everything if I get involved in a fresh canvas or sketches or a combination of these. Once I put the music on and bring out the equipment anything can happen, especially when I attempt abstracts.
    It's like I become immersed/lost in the action of mindless doodling and I can forego meals, meetings, anything. The nearest feeling I can compare it to is when a dream ends and you wake up on that cusp between reality and dreamland - disorientated, full of something slightly mysterious, frustrated at having to come back into the real world but relieved because the dream scenario wasn't real after all!

4. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Yes, writing would be that activity that causes me to lose track of time, when I am really focused.  I love how you added, "that is not too personal to share,"  LOL So cute.