jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you trust your doctor?

1. HealthCanada profile image68
    HealthCanadaposted 5 years ago

Do you trust your doctor?

With 780,000 people who die every year from medical care, (this is more than the 500,000 who die from cancer) Do you trust your doctor and why?

2. John Sarkis profile image82
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

Being in the medical administration field, I can tell you with a great amount of certainty - no!  I see people getting screwed physically and financially all of the times.  ---You can never ask your doctor too many questions, in my personal opinion.  Additionally, you should always check with your health insurance, because, you can end up owing a great deal of money if you're not careful.  And, last but not least, always get a 2nd, and even 3rd opinion if necessary when dealing with egregious medical conditions like cancer, diabetes, etc., to make sure you're getting the best treatment at the least cost.

3. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I don't entirely trust my doctor mainly from a childhood fear. The nurse would never get blood the right way. The first three times I remember going to the doctor's office, the nurse thought I was young enough to prick my toes when I wasn't. So all my toes were pricked and hurting, until a more experienced nurse pricked my finger once and was done. Also it has something to do with my horrible teeth because dentists are considered doctors.

4. L.L. Woodard profile image77
    L.L. Woodardposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't continue going to a health care provider I don't trust. Trusting and believing the provider is infallible are two different things. I am an active partner in my care; if I sense vibes that the provider is blowing me off, I shop for a new provider.

5. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I've had my doctor since I was a baby. She is awesome and I do trust her. And I think because of the one-on-one time I got with her – visits weren't so rushed then – and the time she took to address my issues and concerns, along with her gentleness in doing procedures, aided in building that trust.

6. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I've had a few good doctors in my 62 years, but very few. Most cared more about making money or protecting their egos. Sad.

I would go to a medical doctor for an emergency or for a quick fix, but for long-term health maintenance, no.

My last medical doctor in America told me that I'd be forever on two medications he prescribed. I found alternative medicine cures for each and stopped taking those medicines. That was over 5 years ago, and I haven't looked back.

7. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Yes i trust my doctor, he has a qualification which i do not posses, this being said no one knows them-self better than them-self, so if in doubt get a second opinion.

working