jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What do you believe is the best alternative to capitalism?

1. Mash 99 profile image45
    Mash 99posted 5 years ago

What do you believe is the best alternative to capitalism?

Please describe a system which you believe can stand on firm footings and also provide justice and equality to all social classes.

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

even sharing. no one makes more then anyone else. everyone works and luxuries are provided for everyone. it's hard to put it into a quick answer but it is a far cry from Capitalism.

3. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I agree with nightwork. I also believe that money should be abolished and communities should be their own reign. Each community looks after itself and creates what they need. Sometimes importing and exporting can be done of course - that's the beauty of the different regions of a land. But ultimately, money needs to flat out be done away with. At this point it's all monopoly money any way; country debts have reached absurd amounts that don't actually exist, so why continue on pretending like they do and just erase it all.

4. hockey8mn profile image75
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

In a perfect world, I would agree with nightwork4.  However, it would be everyone that works the same job gets equal pay.  For example all teachers would be paid equally, but would receive higher pay than someone that works at fast food.  The only problem is, we don't live in a perfect world.  Someone will always want more and will take advantage of whatever system is in place.  Because of that, I am alright with capitalism.  It is far from perfect, but so is the world.

5. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I grew up in a system, that was based on that idealistic principle that nightwork mentioned, everyone supposed to be, have and live the same, we all supposed to share everything and work our hardest for the common good. It started as a pure communist state and it ended up as a corrupt, grey and miserable place where majority people struggled to get nowhere and few communists on the top misused the system....people are people and every leader sooner or later will misuse and betray his or her idealistic principles of common good for his or her own benefits....

Do not dream about utopia, make the capitalist system works better for all of us, it is the only system that is working so far....

1. Mash 99 profile image45
      Mash 99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Beata Stasak for your feedback. There is a system I can say better than this cruel nature capitalism. I will soon present my hub on this topic after getting some more views of the common peoples.

6. icv profile image69
    icvposted 3 years ago

first of all we must understand the limitations of capitalism. Whatever the system it may be there will be merits and demerits. The main limitation of capitalism is it never consider the social justice. that is richer section is consider as a great. So, to eliminate all such limitations we must adopt a system with human tech, that is a system of education with moral value.