What Are Some Ways To Find Scrap Silver?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are Some Ways To Find Scrap Silver?

Where can you find scrap silver?

2. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Probably your best resources would be..your old jewelry box/or family members.. thrift shops..secondhand shops..estate sales..garage/yard sales..any place where resale of jewelry is resold..however just because a necklace is the colour of silver does not necessitate it is silver and of course the % of silver will determine the value....some people use a metal gauge on the beach to find metal..

3. Knoggin profile image67
    Knogginposted 5 years ago

Believe or not a trip to the bank can be a good source. When I go to do normal transactions I ask if they have any half dollars. Because  I still get good hits  on them from time to time. My second choice is the nickels because not many people know about the 42 to 45 war nickels. I haven't much  luck with the dimes and quarters as most of them has been removed from circulation. I hit a mother load once when I bought a friends coin jar dollar for dollar because when most people discard their change in their favorite  coin jar they don't look at them.

And don't get me started on electronics especially computers. Some older models have gold and silver in their circuitry. For this you will need a metal test kit that can be obtained from a jeweler or hobby shop.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6509616_test-silver-home.html

But if you are gonna actively raid the attic, so to speak, you need to widen the net and that's where you find some really valuable goodies.
    I have found discarded out of print books that I sold for 80.00. Some of the decorative  wall plates are trimmed in 24kt gold, old style tea kettles, old letters, maps, calendars and comic books. I could go on and on.

working