jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to speak English without thinking?

1. kyawnaing profile image55
    kyawnaingposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to speak English without thinking?

2. phtech profile image81
    phtechposted 5 years ago

English is my first language, so I don't exactly know how well this applies while learning from Korean, but while I was learning Spanish and German, total immersion was the best way to learn. Listen to how other people use grammar and learn the dialect of the area that you are in. Watch movies in the language and try to speak the way the actors/actresses speak. Listen to the music and try to sing along. Eventually speaking the language will come naturally, and you won't have to think while speaking it unless you have to search your vocabulary for a certain word that you don't use a lot. Keep in mind, everybody has to stop to think of how they want to form a sentence sometimes, so don't become frustrated. Just keep learning and the natural process of speaking will come with time.

1. kyawnaing profile image55
      kyawnaingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great !!!!! and thanks for your suggestion and I'm pretty sure I going to follow the way you said.  and also thanks for your sharing ....

2. phtech profile image81
      phtechposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Don't forget to add me and check out my hubs wink enjoy your learning and have a good night! You seem to write English pretty well how long have you been learning it?

3. profile image60
    English Blogposted 4 years ago

Hi, I am an English teacher working in Vietnam, so I have had some experience working with speakers of Asian languages.  I think the best way to start is by learning the phonemes really well, these are the smallest sounds in English.  I have some animated diagrams on my site here  http://www.howtoimprovespokenenglishblo … f-english/ which will help you, some listening games are coming soon too.  Once you have got to grips with the phonemes you can learn the phonemic alphabet, when you know this you will be able to look in a dictionary to find the correct way to pronounce words.  Then you can work on your rhythm, intonation and fluency.  Let me know how you get on.  Thanks Alex

working