jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you taken a college course online?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Have you taken a college course online?

If so, did you like the experience of online college?

2. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I have taken multiple courses online.  It was not my favorite method of course taking - I am an auditory and interpersonal learner, so without the class discussions, lectures etc. I struggled.   One of the major benefits of online courses is the flexibility, however if flexibility is your main motive in wanting to take an online course I would make sure to do your research first!  One of my roommates was in an online course that required weekly real-time class sessions over the internet.  To make things even more challenging the university was in a different time zone, and she had to do the course from work each week because she couldn't get home after school (she's a teacher) in time for the class meeting.

3. Victoria Anne profile image97
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

I've taken two classes online, however they were both English courses (one was on Edgar Allan Poe, the other was on Stephen King). The way my school did it was that you were assigned a reading each week and then required to post to a discussion board by a certain day. Personally I enjoyed it, however I think the nature of the classes made them easier to take online. My sister took Calculus online, and like ElleBee said, she had to be online at certain times which made it more difficult. Also something like math probably isn't as conducive to online learning as English may be.

4. Shushanik profile image92
    Shushanikposted 5 years ago

I took one course online while I was in college. I didn't like it. It lacked some interaction and all the discussions sounded artificial, like we were making it "because we had to". I also was a TA for 2 other online courses, and both of them also weren't too good, as for me.

working