How long have humans been living on the Earth?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

How long have humans been living on the Earth?

What are your thoughts on the time frame that humans have been walking the Earth?  Why do you think so?  To add, if you don't mind, please share what your worldview or religion is.

2. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

The latest discovery I am aware of dates three lines of humans to between 1.78 and 1.95 million years ago. ["New fossils from Koobi Fora in northern Kenya confirm taxonomic diversity in early Homo", Nature journal of science, published online Aug. 8, 2012].

I go along with this because I am a firm believer in science, and this study represents the latest and best evidence for the age of humans.

My world view is that the good Lord gave us brains to use both subjectively and objectively then pretty much left us on our own. I do not subscribe to any organized religion, preferring to use the heart and brain I was given to think and make decisions for myself.

3. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 5 years ago

Define human?
    The earliest hominid, human ancestor to walk on 2 legs, go back 5.2 million years.
    There were somewhere around 21 predecessors to modern man that are known so far. There is little doubt more will be found and the lines of evolution will become clearer as more discoveries are made.
    Because human / hominid bodies are very fragile fossils are rare and most of what we do know about our linage comes not so much from bodies but rather from things like tools and tool marks and other related signs.
    The earliest "modern man" found so far dates back around 200,000 years BC but new discoveries could push that back much further when they are made.

working