Everyone dies, but not everyone lives

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives
    We have pushed Death away from Life, the dying away from the living - all in order to impose the illusion of control on the uncertainty of change

We have lost touch with the natural world and with our place in it, as mortal animals. We have forgotten "how to die."

For every beast, dragon, war and Empire that raises and falls. Their dead bodies will be replace by green grass and among the grass, Grass Hoppers will be making love

Make love, not war
    Sing your song and peace before the world is over
    Make love, not War

We can work it out , I never had doubt
    Do the right thing, why are we are always fighting
    For heaven and hell on earth can be back biting
    Make love, not War! isn't that more exciting?

People wondered, when I die, what have I done or not done. Carry no regrets, of your pass. Only regret what you do not do in the future. Have no fear of death, for you know how to live. Just don't want to be there, when death happens.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives, don't take life so seriousally. The terror in not in the big bang like a gun, its only in the anticipation of it

I have no fear of death, do you?

1. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, CP.  I don't fear the fact of being dead, i.e., the fact of non-existence.  I will not "be," so no pain, no anguish, no consciousness, no awareness....for ever;  eternally.
      There are a couple of things I fear: (1) a painful or extremely uncomfortable, long-drawn out waiting for death. (2) The knowledge that I wasted opportunity whilst possessing life.  One of the ways I waste it is by being controlled by others who only possess selfishness.   I really must turn my back on such people and concentrate on the blossom which comes from sharing the joys of my own life.

Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi my friend.
        I seek to live best in the present for less suffering and more happiness. I'm slowly becoming my own best doctor of micro nutrients and find cannabis an amazing medicine. That amateur shaman Jesus did somethings right with holly oil and kicking ass of those bankers.

I've turn to 10 times the once of medicine in greens. Vs. the kilo of cure from the synthetic medical profession. With their road record of 63% of all people dying of either heart disease or cancer. I will pick another road less traveled.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The following is not from a Christian's perspective, Castlepaloma, but the Bible's.

When we understand the Adam and Eve metaphor including the great flood, we see the instant death of Adam was their state of Consciousness and not discarnating. Those garden man, called "daughters of men"  at the flood, obtained "dominion powers by marrying the "sons of god or those creation's man, per Gen. 6:4. Thus dying, as revealed at the flood, is our inability to do what creation's man were told to do by giving them "dominion" over the earth an everything hereon. Dominion means "to exceed the ability of" and nothing the earth is made of has eternal life, thus, because of obtaining "the knowledge of good and evil" only the four groups of man who remained living the covenant without judging, called "the ark" at the flood but includes "of the covenant" in the other writings, are "the living dead" Jesus mentioned.

That is why Jesus instructed us to become "born again" and live a nomadic life (John 3:8) and Isaiah (7:14-22) said it's what everyone who remains after the "battle of that great day of god almighty" is over are required to do. So I would say "everyone is dead, but with few are alive."

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Grasshoppers making love? Why grasshoppers? I could get geese. Mate for life, etc. Otters. Sure. But grasshoppers? Do they even enjoy it?

Grass hopper are so exotic. They are among the most ancient living group of chewing herbivorous insects of grass. Dating back to the early Triassic around 250 million years ago. Long, long before the Yahweh's creation of the earth

If humans died more in the sea. I would of picked the 650 million year old immoral jellyfish over the dolphin.
      Longest livers, breeds the most successful stories. No matter, fur, skin or scales, all creatures love.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, man. Grasshoppers exotic? I suppose that would be in the eye of the beholder. Grasshoppers live, in droves, pretty much everywhere I have so nothing exotic about them, to me.

What makes you think jelly fish are immoral? I wouldn't think jelly fish had morals. If they did I'd think they had more morals than a dolphin. Cheeky little devils, dolphins. Or did you mean immortal.

Taking the body mass weight of all ants and grasshoppers is greater than humans mass weight on earth at present. And then... taking these insect time period living on earth is hundreds of times longer than humans. Making them far more successful a species than humans. Human are by far the most destructive species on the earth. Makes sense to have grasshoppers continue to make love with the earth and humans who are most disrespectful of earth, go extinct. As the grass will continue to grow without humans.

Yes, I meant immortal, a slip to humans being immoral too.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
        MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Long, long before the Yahweh's creation of the earth"

Got news for ya. Yahweh didn't create the earth. Yahweh was here around 4,000 years ago. The earth is billions of years old. Got your information from the Old Testament, did you? I'd come nearer believing the story of Cinderella or Santa Claus. But I've read some of your other stuff, so I'd like to believe you were just honoring the followers of Yahweh. I think you know better, especially from the sentences preceding the one giving Yahweh credit for the creation. I think you've got some of the spiritual in you. Am I right?

Yes, value spiritual as 1/5 of the equation, along with intellect, physical, financial and relationships.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Grasshopper are also Asexual for reproduction. The result of an evolutionary adaptation to guarantee the survival of the species. Just, never research the smile on their faces.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

The otter and dolphins must be famously enjoying it from the way their permanent smiles are.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Back to your original question, or maybe it was a statement, CP, true spiritualists do not fear death because we know the spirit or soul cannot die. To us there is only the death of the body, which is sometimes so pain-wracked that it's end can be a relief. Christians fear death because they aren't sure whether they will go to heaven or hell. Atheists think there is no hearafter and they will just go back to the dirt. I failed to ask my atheist father if he feared death. Being the he-man he was, he probably would have lied and said "no." I will say that he has contacted me since passing on, but he didn't leave a message. I could feel his presence on several occasions, and then he moved on. I think he was trying to tell me that my mother would soon be joining him.

The ultimate love bond is Man/woman/child.  Maybe there is ghosts, not sure, even though I think I've seen them. Our memories are so strong for our parents, it's possible we create a false energy elusion from our subconscious. Since spiritual means to me, the 99% unknowns, don't claim to know much. Something is leaving messages from the universe. From experience, if I ignore the universe, it gets me into trouble. Us as energy beings, likely transform into other energies like through evolution or reincarnation. To prepare our whole life for a personal God's approval for you or I. In order to win a lottery heaven, based on our misunderstood priority sins. Makes no sense to me. Hell of a way to eternity retire.

Atheist approve this poem much more than Christain did. I would say atheist are a little less afraid of death than Christian are.

4. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Many people are dead while they are alive.  They aren't living but merely alive.  In fact, they lead...…....MONOTONOUS, GREY LIVES.  They lead lives of quiet angst.   They exist far below their human potential.  They are FEARFUL people who conform to societal paradigms for others' approval & mostly out of fear that they will be marginalized by their peers, families, & associates.  They aren't true to themselves & their beliefs for the same reason.   They are the ……….LIVING DEAD.
    https://hubstatic.com/9207871.jpg

That was the scariest movie I ever watched.

Night of the living dead.
      WE BETTER WAKE UP!!!

5. gmwilliams profile image82

Most people barely exist.  They are really automatons.  They are taking up space.  Only a few people are actively engaged in life.  Most people are living lives that are prescribed by someone or something else whether it is religion, tradition, societal mandates, or their families. 
    https://hubstatic.com/13223149_f1024.jpg

6. gmwilliams profile image82

Most people don't want to venture out of their so-called comfort zone.  They lead lives of desperation.  They live far under the radar so to speak.  They follow the societal pack as to how to dress, work, eat, live, & worship.   They do unthinkingly what was dictated to them by their families, ethnic/racial group, religion, educational levels, & socioeconomic classes.  Most people REACT, they don't THINK.  They just meander throughout life.   Only a very few people live life on THEIR TERMS.

Very few people break their prescribed code because it would mean ostracization or worse.  They don't want to be individuals but part of a nameless crowd.   They don't want to leave that maddening crowd.  They would rather remain in the crowd & psychologically, even psychically suffocate.
    https://hubstatic.com/13223466.jpg

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Yes, gmwilliams, you repeated what I just said in everyday words while I used the B bible's metaphors to explain it.

I for one, will go out into the world, and live every last second of it. -(

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Forgive my error in ending the last sentence of the big paragraph in my post, it was supposed have read "are 'the few living the rest are the living dead' Jesus mentioned". I should have reread it after posting so it could have been corrected then.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)