jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible for you to think of only positive things for just 24 hrs. ?

1. moneyfairy profile image72
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Is it possible for you to think of only positive things for just 24 hrs. ?

For just one day can you think only of positive things and not allow negativity in any form into your lifes experience. So no matter what shows up in that one day that you choose to be positive,can you make a positive spin on anything you encounter just for a day?

2. koerakoonlane profile image84
    koerakoonlaneposted 4 years ago

Sure, it is possible, I could do it quite easily as I'm used to looking for the silver lining. But the real question is why do it? All emotions are important and have to be lived. If you don't feel jealousy, how can you know how the other person would feel if you'd cheat them for example. It might seem like a strange example but think about it, it's an emotion so strong, you can't rationalize or tell someone "they'd feel bad".

Or if you suppress grief, do as if nothing ever happened, are you actually surpassing the obstacle or is it simply a denial, which when it hits again, will hurt twice more.

Emotions shouldn't be fought with, you can suppress them to an extent, for example not to show them in public, which I find acceptable and polite, but 24/7 happy go lucky will simply drive you nuts. Not a healthy way to live.

1. moneyfairy profile image72
      moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't saying to supress all other feelings. I just ask if you thought is was possible for one day to think only positive thoughts but by your answer you can't as other emotions come up because you are human not a robot.

3. moneyfairy profile image72
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

I asked this question to see if the human conciousness is able to shift into thinking more positively rather than negatively so that we could create peace ,joy and love rather than destruction,killings and wars ,hatred,bullying and violence. Is it possible or are we all slowly self destructing by our thoughts and actions. Can we save ourselves and humanity or are we all doomed.

working