Can anyone list three positive things Bush did in his two terms in the White House
I can tell you one: He cleared off from White house
Unknown | June 30, 2004 | Unknown
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 5:33:59 PM by soozla
Abortion & Traditional Values
1. Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade.
2. Reversed Clinton's move to strike Reagan's anti-abortion Mexico Policy.
3. By Executive Order (EO), reversed Clinton's policy of not requiring parental consent for abortions under the Medical Privacy Act.
4. By EO, prohibited federal funds for international family planning groups that provide abortions and related services.
5. Upheld the ban on abortions at military hospitals.
6. Made $33 million available for abstinence education programs in 2004.
7. Supports the Defense of Marriage Act — and a Constitutional amendment saying marriage is between one man and one woman.
8. Requires states to conduct criminal background checks on prospective foster and adoptive parents.
9. Requires districts to let students transfer out of dangerous schools.
10. Requires schools to have a zero-tolerance policy for classroom disruption (reintroducing discipline into classrooms).
11. Signed the Teacher Protection Act, which protects teachers from lawsuits related to student discipline.
12. Expanded the role of faith-based and community organizations in after-school programs.
Budget, Taxes & Economy
1. Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.
2. Supports permanent elimination of the death tax.
3. Turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks.
4. Is seeking legislation to amend the Constitution to give the president line-item veto authority.
5. In process of permanently eliminating IRS marriage penalty.
6. Increased small business incentives to expand and to hire new people.
7. Initiated discussion on privatizing Social Security and individual investment accounts.
8. Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.
9. Passed tough new laws to hold corporate criminals to account as a result of corporate scandals.
10. Reduced taxes on dividends and capital gains.
11. Signed trade promotion authority.
12. Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches.
13. Fight Europe's ban on importing biotech crops from the United States.
14. Exempt food from unilateral trade sanctions and embargoes.
15. Provided $20 million to states to help people with disabilities work from home.
16. Created a fund to encourage technologies that help the disabled.
17. Increased the annual contribution limit on Education IRA's from $500 to $2,000 per child.
18. Make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit and provide $1 billion over five years to increase the credit to $10,000.
19. Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans.
20. Reduced H1B visas from a high of 195,000 per year to 66,000 per year.
Character & Conduct as President
1. Changed the tone in the White House, restoring HONOR and DIGNITY to the presidency.
2. Has reintroduced the mention of God and faith into public discourse.
3. Handled himself with enormous courage, dignity, grace, determination, and leadership in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 hijackings and anthrax attacks. He almost single-handedly held this country together during those searing days:
Just three days after the attacks, in his address at the National Cathedral, the President reassured the nation when he said: "War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing."
On Friday, September 14, 2001, President Bush visited Ground Zero. Standing on a crushed and burned fire engine atop the smoldering pile at Ground Zero, he put his arm around a retired firefighter who had volunteered to help, and began speaking to the crowd. Rescue workers shouted that they could not hear him. Someone handed him a small American flag and bullhorn. The President spontaneously shouted: "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon." The crowd roared with cheers and chants of "USA! USA! USA!" Then he raised that American flag and rallied a nation.
Education & Employment Training
1. Signed the No Child Left Behind Act, delivering the most dramatic education reforms in a generation (challenging the soft bigotry of low expectations). The very liberal California Teachers union is currently running radio ads against the accountability provisions of this Act.
2. Announced "Jobs for the 21st Century," a comprehensive plan to better prepare workers for jobs in the new millennium by strengthening post-secondary education and job training, and by improving high school education.
3. Is working to provide vouchers to low-income students in persistently failing schools to help with costs of attending private schools. (Blocked in the Senate.)
4. Requires annual reading and math tests in grades three through eight.
5. Requires states to participate in the National Assessment of Education Progress, or an equivalent program, to establish a national benchmark for academic performance.
6. Requires school-by-school accountability report cards.
7. Established a $2.4 billion fund to help states implement teacher accountability systems.
8. Increased funding for the Troops-to-Teachers program, which recruits former military personnel to become teachers.
Environment & Energy
1. Killed the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.
2. Submitted a comprehensive Energy Plan (awaits Congressional action). The plan works to develop cleaner technology, produce more natural gas here at home, make America less dependent on foreign sources of energy, improve national grid, etc.
3. Established a $10 million grant program to promote private conservation initiatives.
4. Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.
5. Changed parts of the Forestry Management Act to allow necessary cleanup of the national forests in order to reduce fire danger.
6. Part of national forests cleanup: Restricted judicial challenges (based on the Endangered Species Act and other challenges), and removed the need for an Environmental Impact Statement before removing fuels/logging to reduce fire danger.
7. Killed Clinton's CO2 rules that were choking off all of the electricity surplus to California.
8. Provided matching grants for state programs that help private landowners protect rare species.
Defense & Foreign Policy
1. Successfully executed two wars in the aftermath of 9/11/01: Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom.
2. Saddam Hussein is now in prison. His two murderous sons are dead. All but a handful of the regime's senior members were killed or captured.
3. Leader by leader and member by member, al Maida is being hunted down in dozens of countries around the world. Of the senior al Qaeda leaders, operational managers, and key facilitators the U.S. Government has been tracking, nearly two-thirds have been taken into custody or killed. The detentions or deaths of senior al Qaeda leaders, including Khalid Shaykh Muhammad, the mastermind of 9/11, and Muhammad Atef, Osama bin Laden's second-in-command until his death in late 2001, have been important in the War on Terror.
4. Disarmed Libya of its chemical, nuclear and biological WMD's without bribes or bloodshed.
5. Continues to execute the War On Terror, getting worldwide cooperation to track funds/terrorists. Has cut off much of the terrorists' funding, and captured or killed many key leaders of the al Qaeda network.
6. Initiated a comprehensive review of our military, which was completed just prior to 9/11/01, and which accurately reported that ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE capabilities were critical in the 21st Century.
7. Killed the old US/Soviet Union ABM Treaty that was preventing the U.S. from deploying our ABM defenses.
8. Has been one of the strongest, if not THE strongest friend Israel has ever hand in the U.S. presidency.
9. Part of the coalition for an Israeli/Palestinian "Roadmap to Peace," along with Great Britain, Russia and the EU.
10. Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.
11. Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.
12. Started withdrawing our troops from Bosnia, and has announced withdrawal of our troops from Germany and the Korean DMZ.
13. Prohibited putting U.S. troops under U.N. command.
14. Paid back UN dues only in return for reforms and reduction of U.S. share of the costs.
15. Earmarked at least 20 percent of the Defense procurement budget for next-generation weaponry.
16. Increased defense research and development spending by at least $20 billion from fiscal 2002 to 2006.
17. Ordered a comprehensive review of military weapons and strategy.
18. Ordered a review of overseas deployments.
19. Ordered renovation of military housing. The military has already upgraded about 10 percent of its inventory and expects to modernize 76,000 additional homes this year.
20. Is working to tighten restrictions on military-technology exports.
21. Brought back our EP-3 intel plane and crew from China without any bribes or bloodshed.
Globalization & Internationalism
1. Challenged the United Nations to live up to their responsibilities and not become another League of Nations (in other words, showed the UN to be completely irrelevant).
2. Killed U.S. involvement in the International Criminal Court.
3. Told the United Nations we weren't interested in their plans for gun control (i.e., the International Ban on Small Arms Trafficking Treaty).
4. The only President since the founding of the UN to essentially tell that organization it is irrelevant. He said: "The conduct of the Iraqi regime is a threat to the authority of the United Nations, and a threat to peace. Iraq has answered a decade of UN demands with a decade of defiance. All the world now faces a test, and the United Nations a difficult and defining moment. Are Security Council resolutions to be honored and enforced, or cast aside without consequence? Will the United Nations serve the purpose of its founding, or will it be irrelevant?" We all know the outcome and the answer.
5. Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."
1. Improved government efficiency by putting hundreds of thousands of jobs put up for bid. This weakens public-sector unions and cuts undeserved pay raises.
2. Initiated review of all federal agencies with the goal of eliminating federal jobs (completed September 2003) in an effort to reduce the size of the federal government while increasing private sector jobs.
3. Led the most extensive reorganization the Federal bureaucracy in over 50 years: After 9/11, condensed 20+ overlapping agencies and their intelligence sectors into one agency, the Department of Homeland Security.
4. Ordered each agency to draft a five-year plan to restructure itself, with fewer managers.
5. Converted federal service contracts to performance-based contracts wherever possible so that the contractor has measurable performance goals.
1. Strengthen the National Health Service Corps to put more physicians in the neediest areas, and make its scholarship funds tax-free.
2. Double the research budget of the National Institutes of Health.
3. Signed Medicare Reform, which includes:
A 10-year privatization option.
Prescription drug benefits: Prior to this reform, Medicare paid for extended hospital stays for ulcer surgery, for example, at a cost of about $28,000 per patient. Yet Medicare would not pay for the drugs that eliminate the cause of most ulcers, drugs that cost about $500 a year. Now, drug coverage under Medicare will allow seniors to replace more expensive surgeries and hospitalizations with less expensive prescription medicine.
More health care choices: As President Bush stated, "…when seniors have the ability to make choices, health care plans within Medicare will have to compete for their business by offering higher quality service [at lower cost]. For the seniors of America, more choices and more control will mean better health care. These are the kinds of health care options we give to the members of Congress and federal employees. What's good for members of Congress is also good for seniors.
New Health Savings Accounts: Effective January 1, 2004, Americans can set aside up to $4,500 every year, tax free, to save for medical expenses. Depending on your tax bracket, that means you'll save between 10 to 35 percent on any costs covered by money in your account. Every year, the money not spent would stay in the account and gain interest tax-free, just like an IRA. These accounts will be good for small business owners, and employees. More businesses can focus on covering workers for major medical problems, such as hospitalization for an injury or illness. At the same time, employees and their families will use these accounts to cover doctors visits, or lab tests, or other smaller costs. Some employers will contribute to employee health accounts. This will help more American families get the health care they need at the price they can afford.
Homeland Security, Border Enforcement & Immigration
1. *See Government Reform above. Under President Bush's leadership, America has made an unprecedented commitment to homeland security.
2. Has CONSTRUCTION in process on the first 10 ABM silos in Alaska so that America will have a defense against North Korean nukes. Has ordered national and theater ballistic missile defenses to be deployed by 2004.
3. Announced a 9.7% increase in government-wide homeland security funding in his FY 2005 budget, nearly tripling the FY 2001 levels (excluding the Department of Defense and Project BioShield).
4. Before DHS was created, there were inspectors from three different agencies of the Federal Government and Border Patrol officers protecting our borders. Through DHS, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) now consolidates all border activities into a single agency to create "one face at the border." This not only better secures the borders of the United States, but it also eliminates many of the inefficiencies that occurred under the old system. With over 18,000 CBP inspectors and 11,000 Border Patrol agents, CBP has 29,000 uniformed officers on our borders.
5. The Border Patrol is continuing installation of monitoring devices along the borders to detect illegal activity.
6. Launched Operation Tarmac to investigate businesses and workers in the secure areas of domestic airports and ensure immigration law compliance. Since 9/11, DHS has audited 3,640 businesses, examined 259,037 employee records, arrested 1,030 unauthorized workers, and participated in the criminal indictment of 774 individuals.
7. Since September 11, 2001, the Coast Guard has conducted more than 124,000 port security patrols, 13,000 air patrols, boarded more than 92,000 vessels, interdicted over 14,000 individuals attempting to enter the United States illegally, and created and maintained more than 90 Maritime Security Zones.
8. Announced the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), an internet-based system that is improving America's ability to track and monitor foreign students and exchange visitors. Over 870,000 students are registered in SEVIS. Of 285 completed field investigations, 71 aliens were arrested.
9. This week, the US-VISIT program began to digitally collect biometric identifiers to record the entry and exit of aliens who travel into the U.S on a visa. Together with the standard information, this new program will confirm compliance with visa and immigration policies.
10. Eliminated INS bureaucratic redundancies and lack of accountability.
11. Split the Immigration and Naturalization Service into two agencies: one to protect the border and interior, the other to deal with naturalization.
12. Signed the workplace verification bill to prevent hiring of illegal aliens.
13. Established a six-month deadline for processing immigration applications.
14. Information regarding nearly 100% of all containerized cargo is carefully screened by DHS before it arrives in the United States. Higher risk shipments are physically inspected for terrorist weapons and contraband prior to being released from the port of entry. Advanced technologies are being deployed to identify warning signs of chemical, biological, or radiological attacks. Since September 11, 2001, hundreds of thousands of first responders across America have been trained to recognize and respond to the effects of a WMD attack.
Judiciary & Tort Reform
1. Is urging federal liability reform to eliminate frivolous lawsuits.
2. Killed the liberal ABA's unconstitutional role in vetting federal judges. The Senate is supposed to advise and consent, not the ABA.
3. Is nominating strong, conservative judges to the judiciary.
4. Supports class action reform bill which limits lawyer fees so that more settlement money goes to victims.
1. His leadership resulted in Republican gains in the House and Senate, solidifying Republican control of both houses of Congress and the presidency.
2. Signed an EO enforcing the Supreme Court's Beck decision regarding union dues being used for political campaigns against individual's wishes.
1. Ordered Attorney General Ashcroft to formally notify the Supreme Court that the OFFICIAL U.S. government position on the 2nd Amendment is that it supports INDIVIDUAL rights to own firearms, and is NOT a Leftist-imagined "collective" right.
2. Signed TWO bills into law that arm our pilots with handguns in the cockpit.
3. Currently pushing for full immunity from lawsuits for our national gun manufacturers.
4. *See Globalization & Internationalism.
Traditional Values, Compassion & Volunteerism
1. Endorses and promotes "The Responsibility Era." President Bush often speaks of the necessity of personal responsibility and civic volunteerism. He said, "In a compassionate society, people respect one another and take responsibility for the decisions they make in life. My hope is to change the culture from one that has said, if it feels good, do it; if you've got a problem, blame somebody else — to one in which every single American understands that he or she is responsible for the decisions that you make; you're responsible for loving your children with all your heart and all your soul; you're responsible for being involved with the quality of the education of your children; you're responsible for making sure the community in which you live is safe; you're responsible for loving your neighbor, just like you would like to be loved yourself."
2. Started the USA Freedom Corps, the most comprehensive clearinghouse of volunteer opportunities ever offered. For the first time in history, Americans can enter geographic information about where they want to get involved, such as state or zip code, as well as areas of interest ranging from education to the environment, and they can access volunteer opportunities offered by more than 50,000 organizations across the country and around the world.
3. Established the The White House Office and the Centers for the Faith-Based and Community Initiative — located in seven Federal agencies. The faith-based initiative supports the essential work of these important organizations. The goal is to make sure that grassroots leaders can compete on an equal footing for federal dollars, receive greater private support, and face fewer bureaucratic barriers. Work focuses on at-risk youth, ex-offenders, the homeless and hungry, substance abusers, those with HIV/AIDS, and welfare-to-work families.
4. The White House released a guidebook fully describing the Administration's belief that faith-based groups have a Constitutionally-protected right to maintain their religious identity through hiring — even when Federal funds are involved.
5. Issued an EO implementing the Supreme Court's Olmstead ruling, which requires moving disabled people from institutions to community-based facilities when possible.
6.Increased funding for low-interest loan programs to help people with disabilities purchase devices to assist them.
7. Revised the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Section 8 rent subsidies to disabled people, permitting them to use up to a year's worth of vouchers to finance down payments on homes. HUD has started pilot programs in 11 states.
8. Committed US funds to purchase medicine for millions of men, women and children now suffering with AIDS in Africa.
9. Heeding the words of our own Declaration of Independence, the president laid out the non-negotiable demands of human dignity for all people everywhere. On January 29, 2002, he said, "No nation owns these aspirations, and no nation is exempt from them. We have no intention of imposing our culture. But America will always stand firm for the non-negotiable demands of human dignity." As stated by the President, they are a virtual manifesto of conservative principles:
Equal Justice Freedom of Speech Limited Government Power Private Property Rights Religious Tolerance Respect for Women Rule of Law
Siotosh Here are a few things. Did you even notice the well thought out response to your anti Bush propaganda!!!!
Why don't you talk about the extremists being molded in England.
What a great answer. Too bad Siotosh is just out fishing aren't you Siotosh..
Copy And Paste
You might say throwing to catch fowls, but i ask for three and ended up with the ten commandments.
The ten commandments when broken down is said to add up to two:
Instead of love thy neighbour and though shall not kill. With so much
The ten commandments of bush you have listed adds up to about 1.5
-1 for Copy And Pasting
Destroyed the freedom of women to make their own choices about their lives and the lives of their children.
Cut funding for programs which promote birth control and which actually work at preventing pregnancy.
Denied basic rights like sharing health insurance and tax breaks to people who are in loving, committed relationships.
Hey, this might actually be a positive!
Translation: lets rich/white kids transfer out of poor/minority schools.
Makes me queasy.
Cut government revenues while dramatically increasing spending - thereby doubling the national debt and transferring the wealth of the US taxpayer to sovereign wealth funds held by China, Saudi Arabia, and other wonderful, free countries.
That is, supports allowing spoiled rich kids to live off their inheritance without having to work a day in their lives.
oversaw the weakest job growth of any decade since the 1930s.
Um.. One question. What would you say if Obama was doing this?
Rewarding marriage but penalizing people who are gay or choose not to marry.
A good thing, but again, weakest job growth of any decade since the 1930s.
translation: thought it would be a good idea to let people like Bernie Madoff invest the money that is taken out of your paycheck to help pay for your retirement and medical care when you retire.
While simultaneously cutting funding for the SEC and other public entities that oversee corporate crime.
reduced taxes on the rich - because they are the only people who get dividends and capital gains.
Increased the power of the executive branch. Again - if Obama did this you'd scream bloody murder.
translation: reduced taxes on wealthy land owners so their spoiled children don't have to actually work.
LOL yes, because everyone should have the opportunity to buy frankenfoods that have been saturated with pesticides.
Lied to the American people and the world about the threat posed by Iraq. Initiated an invasion which cost billions of dollars, much of that handed out to corporations such as Blackwater and Halliburton. Somewhere between 100,000 and 1,000,000 Iraqi innocents killed, nearly 5000 US servicemen.
Osama Bin Laden allowed to escape.
I could go on but this is getting tiresome.
*high five* That was awesome! Very well said.
good show show of what he did...I appreciate it
Well, he prevented another attack on US soil after 9/11, made great and important efforts at combating AIDS in Africa, and unapologetically promoted American interests and principles around the world.
Of course many people disagreed with how he went about these things, and partisan vitriol colors most people's attitudes in unfortunate ways, but if you honestly want to see positives I think there are some, just as there are for all presidents (and needless to say, vice-versa).
I quite liked it when he left. Is that one?
Stimulas check, hugged a child who was hurting in a crowd I believe during the 9/11 tragedy, took action after the 9/11 tragedy. Was diplomatic when someone through a shoe at him.. I personally was proud of him.
yes this is an easy one and it helped the country tremendously because he alone was our president and knew better than us all.
#1. he quit
#3. he quit
see that was easy! anymore questions?
You only want three positive things Bush did? I assume that you mean "Bush 2" or "W". He did more than three positive things, however, I'll list the following:
1. Along with the so-called Lion of the Senate, Ted Kennedy, he got the "No child left behind" legislation passed ensuring that public schools are accountable for educating students.
2. Jobs, Jobs and more jobs were created and more and more people made more money.
3. Last, and not at all least, his administration kept us safe after 911.
hmmm mmm..... there wass.. no wait thats not positive.. hmm ummm errr ummm... positive positive uhhhh hmmm uh .........
Bush made being a mercenary more popular and profitable. Bush make the manufacture of body armor more profitable because the demand went up. Bush probably made the owning of private guns in the USA more popular and so put more money into the hands of gun shop owners.
There! You have your three. Mind you, they are only positive for some people and not everybody.
He provided lots of good material for comedians and cartoonists all around the world
Excellent point! Well spotted. Comics have got gold from this man, I wonder if in a sick twisted way they kinda miss him?
He won't be missed, but I agree with you because not even Charlie Chaplin or Norman Wisdom marched him. Would you say he a natural, some mothers do have them. He might be he greatest satirist ever lived. If so there goes my title, I feel devastated.
I can tell you I can not think of a single positive thing however that just shows how smart our country really is because we voted him in a second time knowing how bad he was. Thank God I did not vote for him but the worse part is who we have to choose from.
My question is when do we get to pick from good guys?
Easy. Quite voting the status quo and vote in candidates from parties other than the Dem or Repub. They have had over 150 years and still haven't got it right. This country has testosterone deficiency when it comes to voting.
#Obama: The World has change and america needs to Change with it.
I knew this was going to be hard. Maybe the next question I'll need to ast is to name ten positive things Obama has done after one year in office. I'm sure that will be easier for everyone
Might take that up tomorrow but for now, I have to go out and dance with the Ladies: What are you guys doing????
a few more Great things to mention although it doesnt seem as though any one in this conversation is interested in facts.
-Bush played a major role in ending deadly conflicts in Liberia, the Congo and other parts of Sudan thus doubling our trade with Africa
-Bush more than tripled the development and humanitarian aid to Africa, which far exceeds any other president
oh Im sorry we were just cutting down someone we knew nothing about, im not playing right am i
Was that funds in the form of bribery to fight an unjust war
To play fair Afghanistan and Iraq should have being included.
Sorry I forgot it was doable, it was a cowardly war.
Waging war on defenceless nations.
Iran and Afghanistan were included with millions in aid! Not to mention the removal of one of worst dictators in history who murdered hundreds of thousands of people, including 100000 widows and orphans.
Generally speaking, sock puppets are not responded to.
Not signing the Kyoto protocol is the only thing I can think of.
He showed me what a cowboy is
He showed me that He can be like HIS Dad, revenge hehe
He is loyal To his wife (sans) Rice, just kidding
LOL.....I wrote that before I saw that post above Great minds~
oh Oh...Here's one! He totally proved to me that everything that the conspiracy theorists say about government....is probably at least partially true....LOL
Appointed the first and second African-American Secretaries of State. Powell had the integrity to resign.
Who can name ONE thing Jimminy Carter did positive during his miserable failure of an administration....
Do you guys know how to trim down quotes of previous posts?
It is getting almost impossible to find new posts in the reams of copy for one post
This is a well thought out propaganda campaign.
Let's take responsibility for all the mistakes we made.
Then we will blame the other guy for leaving such a mess.
We will humbly bow our heads apologetically while we deflect your anger at a guy who has not been in office for almost a year.
"Truth" in my opinion Afghanistan and Iraq are fully Obama's wars now he has made enough decisions to accept full responsibility.
The economy, well he made quite a few decisions there too.
I do not support the decisions of the Bush administration either.
I do not like hypocrisy. Straw men blaming convenient scapegoats.
1. He sent me a $600 Check. Still waiting for Team Obama to do anything for the people.
2. Avoided the disastrous Kyoto Treaty
3. Kept protections for the 2nd Amendment
All in all Bush was a TERRIBLE president, but that is not the question posed.
What has Team Obama done for America?
he appointed more blacks into high level positions than any other pres thats one .
haven't done the research, but he did make it easier for church charities to help people, for more money to get directly to the people in need.
he signed in abortion legislation to protect the unborn
he was such a dufus about some things that we all had several good laughs
I said three things because I know my Limits, easy to deal with
Unlike Bust who believed he could beat everyone in the play ground of the world
Make it easier for church charities to have access to children: No good
Protect the unborn yet the gun laws take the life of the living: No good
We all had several good laughs, for laughs I likes Cocco the clown: No good
I'd have to agree that he is probably the most thought up by comedians. Haha, and they do a hell of a job making fun of him too.
And now people call the current president a clown, or worse, and supporters get upset and it goes on and on...
Well, it's just that you remind me of someone else, recently banned for life, who used to spend most of his time on the forums. His style of argument was remarkably similar to yours.
I'm sure you are not here to do the same things he did. I'm looking forward to reading your hubs!
William my namesake and that's a great surname, is the R for Ronald. If it is WOW. That will be three positive in one man.
Yet I'm asking to be tolerant writers are people that thinks for themselves. Taking part in forums will increase, writing skills and vocabulary, they should not be banned. You day 0 hubs might just click 0 may become 10 and 100. Once again I ask you please, accommodate those that are not as versatile as ourselves.
I think calling a leader a clown is dangerous. Because there is a sense in which he becomes excused for his actions when you do. Bush, Obama, Carter, whoever, have personal responsibility for what happens under their "reigns." Calling them fools, dumb, or clowns, suggests that some of that responsiblity is diminished
1.) Found Weapons of Mass Destruction in the Middle East (Positive Proof is there.. you just have to look!) and then prosecuted the leader of Iraq for it.
2.) Successfully pressured car manufacturers to produce cars that were energy-efficient and caused ones who did not to go bankrupt. (Right?)
3.) He provided an ideal role model for children in the country to model themselves after. (He reads!)
Right? Am I right?
You must be talking about the WMD we sold to Iraq in the eighties that were no longer any good by 2003 because chemical and biological weapons have a shelf life?
Actually, I wasn't even aware of that much. I had always assumed it was something akin to that, or simply that "materials for making WMD" were found.
You really can't put too much blame on Bush Jr., though. I mean, he was the president during WTC and he (or his staff, or his wife, or his dog, etc) did hold everything together.
Had Obama been president, we might be fighting a war on not foreign but home soil right now.
I heard he ramped up aid to Africa quite significantly. If that is true, then good.
Is this serious or are we all so bored that we have to go bash someone who has not been in power for over a year. GET OVER IT!!
I thought that with control of the House, Senate and the White house that we would all be riding rainbow powered unicorns by now....but noooo...lets see, still in two wars, Gitmo is still open...wow...meet the new boss...same as the old...
You mean like the accusation thrown at Tony Blair that he was "Maggie Thatcher in drag"?
EXACTLY!!!! It is amazing how much they look alike....
When Bush left office. he left so much clouds hanging over the white House, that will take a long time to clear. Is it possible to see rainbows, through the clouds???
. . all positive things if you are a member of the Bilderberg group and the New World Order. He was a good boy and did what he was told.
(rumour has it that he has now learned to tie his shoelaces all by himself).
Eight solid years of shock and awe.
Not bad for being Cheney's sock puppet.
He made me laugh every time he mispronounced the world nuclear. Comedy is positive, right?
He dodged a shoe well
He had a reasonable golf drive
And a great actor!
1. He did not have sex with that chubby girl ...Moanica Lewanksky or something like that?
2. He knew where to put good Cuban cigars! (not in butts)
3. He looks like that actor....Josh Brolin.
A Bush fan has posted such a wonderful comment on my hubs
I would like to say thank you
I can name more than three!
The ones that affected me personally, as an educator:
Teacher Protection Act
mandatory skills tests
Troops to Teachers
school report cards
I also liked:
background checks for adoptive and foster parents (long overdue)
funding for AIDS
appointing a bi-racial cabinet
Every president does SOME good things!
I am not a Bush fan, but that sounds pretty balanced to me. Of course administrations don't get it all wrong!
1)Upheld the sanctity of human life and ended the barbaric practice of partial birth abortion
2)Stood up to Islamic terrorists and kept us protected. He wasn't afraid to call a terrorist a terrorist
3)He defeated both Al Gore and John Kerry
Upheld the sanctity of human life: Not valid as lives that were taken out weighs that argument
Stood up to Islamic terrorists and kept us protected: Not valid as he only stood to the Beast they created, should have left it to the Russians.
He defeated both Al Gore; Questionable as he was President selected, not elected
One that many keep mentioning is the Aids thing, that is laughable, as it was an insult to democracy. Meaning when you say to countries it's either you're with us our against. What you do is take away to be free think people. Just look at Haiti today, years neglect, would you agree it's time to lift all embargo on Cuba. It's because many third world countries held to ransom by Bush to fight an illegal war. That's what the aids funding was all about do as we say or else.
"He defeated both Al Gore; Questionable as he was President selected, not elected"
In what election for President did Al Gore receive more votes in Florida than George W Bush?
What initial count or recount did Gore receive more votes?
Because the Democrat machine was unsuccessful at stealing the Florida victory from Bush you say he was selected.
Oh, I almost forgot (slaps self in head) he created those huge tax breaks for the super rich so they could provide jobs, jobs, jobs! And we see how well that went!
Dolores Monet I love it: What a great recession Bush created, we should love him for it. I'm thinking of becoming a Bush fan myself we all love a clown
Just think he had eight years to do it.
For the life of me what has taken Obama so long?
Hell yes I can. 1)He got 2/3 of America totally fuckin confused on the pronunciation of the word nuclear. Before he came into office, I never even thought about it...it was said nuclear. But, after 8 years of hearing him say 'nuculer' I find myself constantly mispronouncing the word. And I know I'm not the only one he got all fucked up on this word. 2)He picked Cheney as his VP. PRICELESS! He picked a VP that riddled his own buddy's face w/bird shot! That's great shit! 3)He left a Greatest Hits of quotes that NO President will ever be able to top. Yeah, Roosevelt and his 'Today is a date that will live in infamy' quote was alright. Kennedy's 'Ask not what your country can do for you' was semi memorable. But Bush gave us true historical classics such as "I know how hard it is to put food on your family" or 'I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.' That is the stuff legends are made of. I miss Bush. Not bc of his policies as we're lucky we haven't had a nuculer weapon dropped on us thanks to him. I miss his snicker. I miss his utter lack of oration skills. The only good shit Obama has given us to laugh at was his Special Olympics remark, which was funnier than Hell, but nothing like the astonishing nonsensical craziness that came out of Bush's mouth. Bush is like scat porn. It's not for everybody. But if you can see past the eating of fecal matter, than you can appreciate the humor.
1. He made us laugh
2. He made us laugh again
3. He made us laugh again and again
in fact, I am still laughing!
1. He caused the defeated Al Global Warming Profiteer Gore to get fat.
2. He defeated John Swiftboat Whiner Kerry.
3. He made the lefty socialists crazy for nine years and counting because he stopped them from turning the US into a socialist hell.
Thanks President Bush, it was fun seeing those bozos get nutty.
The leftists losing their minds was the best part.
Texan, the best part was that he caused foreign leftists to lose their minds. I don't think any president had ever done that!
Wow man, brilliant. Who says Republicans are a bunch of pistol-packing shack-dwelling nitwits.....
Oh wait, I say that.
by Mister Veritis6 years ago
Uh, well. Oh, Hmmm.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uyJSXCZRpc&NR=1
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 years ago
Election time is nearer and nearer. It is time now for President's Obama assessment. What grade you give President Obama so far? Please detail what grade you would give and why?
by lady_love1586 years ago
With the announcement of military tribunals for detainees in gitmo, which remains open, the transformation of Obama into Bush is complete. Obama surged in Afghanustan and is continuing the war in Iraq, executing drone...
by ptosis3 months ago
Putin denied interfering in the 2016 president election and Trump accepted his denial. Putin said, “I got the impression that my answers satisfied him.”Trump took the word of the Russian autocrat over the...
by Deborah Dugger7 years ago
Well folks, here we are with well over a dozen of crack pots running our government. Trying to push on us their health care plans that they themself will not accept.But yet- their so called concern for WE THE PEOPLE, is...
by Harvey Stelman5 years ago
If you did or didn't vote for him, what good has his programs done for you. H
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.