jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How can one be an eternal optimist in a very imperfect world?

1. brakel2 profile image82
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

How can one be an eternal optimist in a very imperfect world?

I may use the answers to incorporate into a hub.

2. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image88
    HeadlyvonNogginposted 4 years ago

I say just look at our history. The human condition is riddled with imperfections, yet we still manage to progress, albeit slowly, towards a better future, in spite of ourselves.

3. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I believe the only way is to have a worldview that involves a reality outside and above what is happening on this world.  I can be an optimist because I know Who is in control over all that happens in the world, takes a personal interest in my life, and is more than willing to walk with me every day... Jehovah.

4. drmiddlebrook profile image94
    drmiddlebrookposted 4 years ago

I think it is BECAUSE we live in an imperfect world that it is important to be an eternal optimist. The world will supply fuel for all the negativity anyone can handle, but, for me, God supplies my fuel (called faith) for optimism. I guess I'm in agreement with Sir Winston Churchill who is quoted to have said, "I'm an optimist. There doesn't seem to be much point in being anything else."

5. Cordelia Bay profile image58
    Cordelia Bayposted 4 years ago

I think one must have hope in all situations...when there is no hope for better things...I believe that we stop striving for better outcomes...selling our selves sort of any possibility of anything...simply, just settling for whatever life brings..is not the answer. We must remember....when we fall to get up. We should seek wisdom to change the things we can...and, to know when we should walk away from the things that we can not change. Yet, we should, too, understand that when hope exist change is possible with action.

6. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Life can definitely be tough! It's tempting to be negative with ongoing war, political debates that get us nowhere, rising healthcare costs, divorce, and issues that go against our beliefs. It can really bring one down. However, a hope in things eternal with Jehovah God can be real and help us to rely on Him for all things, including our outlook on this life. He has never let us down, and we have a future to look forward to where there will be no pain or imperfection.

1. drmiddlebrook profile image94
      drmiddlebrookposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Amen. : )

7. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 4 years ago

very easily, by realising that humans are imperfect too and that perfection is just a human illusion. As Hawkins showed us many times in his clever documentaries, the progress in evolution has been always nearly based on some imperfect natural adaption along the way. Perfection is dead end, imperfection is the neverending chain of the nature's innovations to survive and progress....

working