jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever placed a note in a bottle, tossed the bottle into the ocean, and t

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
    Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years ago

Have you ever placed a note in a bottle, tossed the bottle into the ocean, and the bottle was found?

What were the circumstances surrounding this event?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8033571_f260.jpg

2. janderson99 profile image55
    janderson99posted 4 years ago
    1. Seafarer Mama profile image87
      Seafarer Mamaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This hub is a wonderfully inspiring and exciting read, packed full of related history. :0)

3. Jools99 profile image92
    Jools99posted 4 years ago

No I haven't Daisy but a child at my last school did this 2 years ago from the pier at our beach.  Last year, she received a postcard from a fisherman in the Shetland Isles (off the coast of Scotland) telling her he had found her message and how far it had travelled up the North Sea.  Her bottle did not travel very far but it meant a great deal to her to receive that postcard and she got her photo in our local paper and also got to tell her story in school at an assembly about communication!

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Daisy......No, I haven't, but you just suggested something interesting I can do today, when I go out to enjoy some fresh air and nature!   I just want to come up with something unique to put in my note!  Will surely announce when and if I get a reply!

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image87
      Daisy Mariposaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Paula,
      I'm glad my question inspired an outdoor activity for you today. I've thought about putting a note in a bottle on several occasions, but I've never actually done it. Good luck! If you receive a reply, you can write a Hub about what happened.

5. Seafarer Mama profile image87
    Seafarer Mamaposted 4 years ago

Wow...this totally tickles my fancy!  I have not ever done this, but now I have made it a mission of mine. I will have to choose a beach to do this from...perhaps from Cape Cod...and perhaps it will be around the Summer Solstice...who knows? A bunch of women may be gathering down there for a seashore "Red Tent," and I plan on going!  That would be soooo much fun!

Thanks for this idea!

6. ParadigmEnacted profile image72
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

No. Not any one of those things. Not ever. Don't think I ever will, unless I get real loopy at some point.

working