jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How many of YOU have BLACK as YOUR favorite color and why?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

How many of YOU have BLACK as YOUR favorite color and why?

Black has become MY FAVORITE color as I become older.  When I was younger, blue was my favorite color.  However, there is something about the color black which I love.  It is darkly mysterious and is a classic and understated color.  Black says it all.   It is the ULTIMATE fashion statement color!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8080655_f260.jpg

2. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

I'm gonna cheat a little bit and offer up black and *deep* purple as my favorite colors, ESPECIALLY together.  Deep purple is dark, classy, mysterious...I just love it!

Come to think of it, those are among the reasons I love black as well.  It's dark, sleek, neat, contains all and goes with all.  It tends to reflect (pun and irony intended!) many aspects of my pallet, personality, and asthetic in both the literal and metaphorical realms, in many media and art forms, not the least being poetry.

3. europewalker profile image78
    europewalkerposted 4 years ago

Black has been my favorite color for years. If you look in my closet almost every piece of clothing is black except for a little gray and purple. I just feel good, strong and confident when I wear black, it is me. I tried wearing a pastel color once and I could barely function throughout the day. I felt like something was off. People think I am always in mourning but that is just not so.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Black has been my favorite color to wear for many years! In fact whenever I go shopping for clothes I have to "force" myself to purchase other colors. Sometimes I'll see a shirt or sweater in a different color and I'll say to myself, "This would look cool in black!" LOL! (Black is the sexiest color to wear in my opinion)
    Nevertheless I do wear other colors such dark blue, burgundy, kaki, tan, dark brown, emerald green, charcoal grey, and jeans of course. However more often than not when I wear those other colors my pants are black.
    If my pants aren't black than my shirt is most of the time.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

All excellent answers!   LOVING it!

5. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image90
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 4 years ago

Black was, is and will be my favorite color FOR EVER, I don't know why but it's a very classy and can be easily combined with everything. Some people might say that is "an easy color, a very safe one" but you need to have style to wear it also.

working