jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

What would you do for others if you had the Kardashian's money?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

What would you do for others if you had the Kardashian's money?

Let's just pretend you had the amount of money that the Kardashians have . . . so what would you do for others with that amount of money?  Remember it is for others, not yourself.  Thanks for answering.

2. RachaelLefler profile image95
    RachaelLeflerposted 4 years ago

Probably donate it to scholarships. If someone wants to better themselves through education, I'd like to be able to make sure they aren't punished for it.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi RachaelLefler, thanks for the awesome answer!!!  You cannot go wrong there no doubt!

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

10% to charities. Each month would be a new charity so the money goes to help a variety of people in need.

Hi Iburmaster,  thanks for answering.  That is a great idea to change the charity each month to spread the help around!!!  Awesome!

4. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

First, I believe in tithing, so 10 percent of ANY money received would go to God.

Second I am an animal lover. 

I also have deep compassion for homeless people I see on the street.

When on vacation recently, I saw a homeless man on the street, asleep, leaning against a lamp post...in his arms was a little dog.  A second little dog lay on its side below the man's feet.  My daughter and I were racing by, as we had a tour, so I could not stop. 

I have not been able to get that image out of my mind.  I added that man and his pets to my prayer list. 

That being said, I would use the money to build a shelter for homeless people AND also build an animal shelter.  I would hire people for pay to work at both places...to cook food, provide bedding for both homeless people and animals.

They would have to be compassionate loving people. 

The other day, I was on my walk and decided to take a different route, which I NEVER do. 

I spotted an injured chipmunk in the middle of the road.  It was curled up like in a ball...blinking its eyes.  I gently picked it up and I carried it to the woods.  The animal rested its left paw on my thumb and laid its head on my hands, shutting its eyes to rest.  I placed it gently by a big tree under a bush.  It then started to walk a little.  It broke my heart...but I KNOW God had me take that different route...

I said to my friend, Jackie, WHY does God do this to me?  I get SO heartbroken with animals!  She said, "God did it because He knew you would not walk by that injured animal, that you would save it from being run over by a car."

(We already have rescued 2 cats in the past... we have an orphan and a stray living with us).

Anyway, that is what I would do if I had that kind of money.  I have no interest in diamonds, yachts, or partying. 

Every homeless person I have helped along the way, I always ask them their name, and I place them on my prayer list.

I do everything I can do, then I pray for them, and I put them in God's hands.

Thank you for a very thought provoking question.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

Oh, my goodness, SPARKLEA!!!!  SPARKLEA for President!!!  God bless your precious loving heart for the downtrodden and for His little creatures.  Your answer has brought tears to my eyes, and actually tears of joy, as I praise Him for you dear one.

2. Sparklea profile image75
      Sparkleaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Faith, THANK YOU SO MUCH.  I am overwhelmed!  Tried to email you, but it failed.

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Oh, it is I who is overwhelmed with your profound comment!  I wish they would allow more space to write a longer comment, but I ran out of room!  I can see our sweet Lord God saying, well done my good and faithful servant : )   Hugs and love to you!

5. cleaner3 profile image77
    cleaner3posted 4 years ago

Faith , this is a great question that I am sure many people will give differing opions and thoughts of how they try to help. Myself ,since i am into education right now ..I see the need to bring an awareness to the importance of early childhood education, not in the sense of  overall education but a whole study incorporating the arts into a  fundamental teaching of the basics.
    One of the most important arts that we have lost is the art of the written word , by using the creative abilities of young students  to express their identities through writing, we allow them to find their true self.  this will need a return to the study of making reading an integal part... which has been lost due to the schools trying to move to a progressive course of learning into the system of education, neglecting the basics.
    Of course I would then donate to all the  different organizations that truly help the poor ,, the homeless especially which should not exist in America..considering all the wealth the country posseses, after vetting them ( of course).
    If you help the human spirit, you help the individual too, by lifting up and showing them that God is inside of all of us and he will listen if you dedicate yourself to his teachings not only in thought but by actions also.

Oh, WOW, Michael, I am loving all of these awesome comments here!  You are so right dear one in all of these areas. Thank you so much for the awesome answer here and sharing your heart.  God bless you.

6. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Faith Reaper,
    If I was choosing what charity to give my money to it would be the Fistula hospitals in third world countries. These are hospitals that basically house women for an untold amount of time because their bladders leak non-stop from being forced  to have children too young. The bodies of these young girls aren't developed enough to carry babies, let alone deliver them.
    Lisa

Hello lisasuniquevoice, thank you so much for answering.  Wow, I have never heard of such, and what a wonderful ministry no doubt to help those poor women!!!  Oh my goodness, I am glad there is such Fistula hospitals!

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Faith Reaper,
      I am going to look into how they're raising money for the Fistula hospitals there to help those young girls.
      Lisa

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Bless you dear one!!!  Please share what you find out!  Thanks so much.  This is very interesting to me.

7. Krista Schnee profile image79
    Krista Schneeposted 4 years ago

I would give it to charities that support people with mental illnesses. I might also donate some to the psychiatric hospitals, supplying them with the funds for different art therapy programs and entertainment.

Hi Krista Schnee, oh, wow, that is awesome, especially the part about the art therapy programs, etc., as that has been proven to be so very helpful.  Thanks for answering!!!

8. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

I would give to charities such as Autism foundations and education programs to assist people who care for autistic children. This would not be my only charity but one thing I wouldn't do is publicise what I have given and to who. Unlike the Kardashians, I do not believe in telling the whole world about my life.

MPG Narratives,
      That is wonderful to help with Austism and other charities!  Thank you so much for saying that about to NOT publicize what you have given!!!  Bravo to you dear heart!!!  Yes, we are to do it without glory to ourselves!  You know it!

working