jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why fire when burnt gives light ?

1. TZRINZ profile image81
    TZRINZposted 4 years ago

Why fire when burnt gives light ?

Theory :-  Visible light is an EM Wave i.e. a result of transverse electric and magnetic field.
    That is the reason, its dark in space and Earth has visibility from EM waves.

Than why when we burn a matchstick, it burns giving visible light? Magnetic field is though from Earth's own Magnetic field, Where from transverse electric fields comes to support flow of EM wave?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8185157_f260.jpg

2. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

I can't answer you, but I'm fascinated by the answers people might have. You should try and post this in the forums, I'd love to see what discussions it brings up smile Good question! Sorry for the useless answer!

TZRINZposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you:)   and Never mind ThompsonPen, I know question is confusing.

3. hubmuffins profile image70
    hubmuffinsposted 4 years ago

Hmm, I don't have an answer that can satisfy you but from what I've gathered so far, its the energy mass thing. You burn something, the mass of it gets converted into energy which is in the form of light and heat. Now, if you want chemical reaction (obviously there are some) then I am afraid I do not have an answer.
    Ask in science forum

TZRINZposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i think it has less to do with chemical reactions hubmuffins, No problem even i've no answerv yet. I already posted in forum but i'm afraid dat i don't yet get any  solid discussions i needed..

4. TZRINZ profile image81
    TZRINZposted 4 years ago

Correction :-
    It's dark in space not because of Electric or Magnetic field impresence.
    Actually we can see the objects only from which light scatters and reaches our eyes, but in space there doesn't exists such  particle everywhere in a size range that can scatter light. 
    So we generally find it dark in space until and unless we don't focus at some celestial mass body that scatters light, or luminous source(like stars) that produce light.
    And also that is the reason that we find our surrounding illuminated on earth, just because of the presence of atmosphere which is full of gas and dust particles' that can scatter light reaching them to make our surrounding visible.
    (Inference- It will always be dark in a perfect vacuum space, be it space or artificial vacuum in lab:) .
    Though my question of how visibility effect is produced by fire is still not completely solved. But this correction is genuine.
    Apology for misconception.
    Thank you smile

working