jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Do you think you can imagine yourself into any situation or state of being?

1. moneyfairy profile image73
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Do you think you can imagine yourself into any situation or state of being?

I have heard so much about thinking or imagining things or situations into being. Do you think it is possible? If so why ? and if not, Why not?

2. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 4 years ago

Depending on what situations you want to imagine it is possible to visualize a situation and then have it manifest.  Keep in mind that should the situation require many other individuals, then that would be a challenge because the other individuals would have to want to be in the situation with you. 

As far as controlling one's state of being, yes it is very possible for a person to put them self in the state of being that hey desire.  controlling the mind is the way to keep one's self in the state of being that they desire. 

I have a natural peaceful state of being when I detach my mind from this world and think about the wonders of the spirit and existence, then I dwell in bliss.  Once my mind returns to this world, my state of being is altered and I have to move through and figure things out just like everyone else.

I would recommend reading The Bhagavad-Gita as it is written by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prbhupada. It is a great Holy text with many answers.

Best wishes on your path.

moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Darrell Roberts: Thank you for your answer. I think it was Si BaBa that created an apple out of nothingness. So I thought how great it would be for any of us to just think things into being and have them physically appear.

2. Darrell Roberts profile image71
      Darrell Robertsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hear you Moneyfairy, I wish there was a way that I could just think up things and they would appear, life would be a lot easier.

3. moneyfairy profile image73

Darrell: Me too!! I'll try the visualization again and see what happens.

3. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I dont think so. If this were reality, I would be in Hawaii on the beach on a regular basis. I have gotten pretty lost in thought even during some times I probably shouldn't have, lol. Also if this were true, seems like less people would be homeless or struggling with other things in life.

Have you tried it yet?Have you experimented with trying to create something with your thought?

2. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

in my younger years i did think things like this were possible. i would try telekinesis inspired by Carrie, lol. or try to make things appear or even try to make people think  what i wanted them to. they never worked.

4. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

Absolutely.  I have done this many times.  When I meditate, I do remove myself from my physical being.  But if you're talking about making things happen like in the "secret", then I do that too.

Visualizing does create things.  Thoughts become things, all the time.  The power you have in your thoughts has been proven by NASA and they use it in simulators.

Your imagination really is stronger than you think and it is a matter of practice.  Everything I've gotten, I've visualized, imagined, focused on and turned into reality.  It's easier to be negative and doubtful, so it takes extra work to stay positive.  In general, people naturally limit themselves by allowing negativity to change the picture.

The universe really is your catalog.

1. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

do you have articles from NASA to demonstrate what your talking about? What do you mean visualizing creates things?

2. moneyfairy profile image73

Rosana: I wanted to believe in the "Secret" but nothing ever came of it. I did vision boards and feng shui and journaling and writing it all down but it's been years and nothing just disapointment. So how long is it supposed to take?Why isn't it here

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Yes, any books by Neville Goddard explains how. It is a power of the imagination. It's really very easy. The spirit is not confined to the body. So in trance states, it can go into other dimensions. It can create a situation that will later take place in the physical world. People who use visualization and especially sales people use the technique a lot. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen if the person keeps believing it will.

Sri T: Thank you,I'll have to check out Neville Goddard. I really want to believe, it just seems to take forever. I have done vision boards, meditated etc. I just need to do more visualization!!! Thanks

working