jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

If you were to imagine Heaven; what would it be like?

1. Queen of Cups profile image60
    Queen of Cupsposted 5 years ago

If you were to imagine Heaven; what would it be like?

Describe this within your character limit and express the most positive thing you see about it.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Heaven to me is not some distant place we run away to after we die.  "Heaven" in my eyes is a state of being and of mind.  When I watch my children play, grow, learn, etc. that is heavenly to me.  I am filled with gratitude and joy for the gift that my family is, - that is heaven to me.  Any time I take time to meditate and find my calm center - that place of quiet nothingness where the noise falls away and I just "am" - that is heaven to me.  When I consciously work to have empathy and understanding for others - heavenly.  When I learn and grow and dedicate myself to learning, exercise, art - anything that helps me grow, that is heavenly.  When I got to the place in my life where each day I could wake up happy and optimistic regardless of what was going on around me - that was heaven.  I think too many people postpone "heaven" - they long for some ideal paradise with no challenges after they die - how boring! Challenges are what push us to grow - comfort doesn't provide that.  Any place that is comfortable but doesn't challenge me could never be a heaven.  I don't actually believe in the concept of Heaven as it's taught in religion as an exclusive after death club for the religious wink  - I see it as a state of being one must grow into and it's in a state of flux and change as each person grows.

Queen of Cupsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think whole-heartedly I can truly agree. In all honest, I had never truly substantiated my thoughts of Heaven, but reading your words and mulling over them as I read them... I can agree. Beautiful!

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Heaven to me is where our souls go when we pass from this world. What Heaven really is, is so unfathomable to human understanding there is no way to fully explain it. Imagine the happiest you have ever been in the place where you were this happy. Multiply that by a number that does not even exist. This is heaven to me.

4. cjpooja26 profile image63
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

I could imagine heaven like it is full of all good souls who had done all good things when they were alive.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Heaven is a paradise to me. Good people who has passed on will go to Heaven and live eternally with GOD. There should be good stuff in Heaven, no worries, no distress feelings or sad face. Happy go lucky, i would say.

6. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

No need to imagine it. Heaven is a state of mind that arises when we let go of all hatred, fear, and untruth. Resting in love, and sharing love equally with all, we experience bliss. Heaven is simply what happens when this becomes permanent.

In my view, we'll all get there sooner or later - as soon as we choose love and only love, in fact.

Heaven, here and now, and in eternity, is the blissful experience of love and truth. We get there by sharing it and then resting in it.

Queen of Cupsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I think that would be Heaven indeed; a complete connection with one another only on the basis of love. Well said!

2. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Queen, thank you for the wonderful question. We experience Heaven temporarily in Earthy life under many names. Communion emphasizes our connection with each other. Revelation,  Divine Union and Bliss emphasize our experience of union with the Divine

7. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Heaven is a place of happiness and joy. There is no sadness, fear, pain, or hurt in heaven, just fulfillment and contentment. The most positive thing I can see about heaven is that it is truly a safe place, one where no one can hurt you or make you feel pain.