jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is it safe to order medicine through mail-order pharmacies in extreme temperatur

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Is it safe to order medicine through mail-order pharmacies in extreme temperature climates?

Is it safe to order prescriptions and other medicines (including supplements) through a mail-order place? Most medicines say to keep them at room temperature, not about 90 degrees or below freezing, as many mailboxes can get in many parts of the world.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8223221_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I've known people that have received diabetic supplies and they are well packaged in weather-tolerant containers, depending on whether the ingredients needs to stay cold, room temp, or hot.  I've personally never ordered any though.

3. word55 profile image74
    word55posted 4 years ago

I'll say yes but check to see if the med is tolerable in certain temperatures or if it doesn't matter. I think most of the time, once it is opened it may need to be maintained within a certain temperature usually to keep cool. In hot temps the potency may be depleted.

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's my worry... and it's hard to know. I'd have to check with the pharmacist to be sure with each medicine.

working