jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why some people hesitate to ask questions?

1. jainismus profile image69
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Why some people hesitate to ask questions?

Some people hesitate or do not  like to ask questions, why?

2. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 4 years ago

jainismus, I think just as answering a question may exhibit your in-depth knowledge of the topic about which question is answered, asking a question may equally show your ignorance about something even fundamental of the topic. Many a times we may not like to expose that ignorance - hence the hesitation.

3. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

I don't hesitate to ask a question, however, the few times I've asked because I really need to know something....I, or the question, was ignored.  So I stopped.

4. artblack01 profile image59
    artblack01posted 4 years ago

If I have questions about a topic that I find interesting I never hesitate to ask, usually I like to understand a persons point of view, otherwise I will go to the expert or source of the topic I have questions on. If the topic is more personal in nature I won't ask because its none of my business unless it pertains to me and even then I don't always think I will get the truth... why ask a question when the answer might be a lie.... on those lines, if someone makes claims to having certain knowledge that you may believe to be fantasy or a lie I will usually research it first then ask them questions that might make them rethink their own knowledge or expose them as being a sociopath. It all depends on the topic in question. Personally I don't understand any fear related unless you don't want to expose your own friends to their personal dramas and possible lies.

5. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

I think that sometimes people hesitate to ask questions they already know the answer too, mostly because the answer doesn't fit their way of thinking.