jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are the 10 things that makes people with IQs of 140 and above psychological

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 things that makes people with IQs of 140 and above psychologically

threatening and misunderstood by most people?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8586263_f260.jpg

2. Laura Schneider profile image90
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I think this is an excellent question because most normal IQ people seem to be at least a bit afraid of and intimidated by high-IQ people, for the following reasons and more.

In my experience, most people with normal IQs...

1. ...equate intelligence with success in life (untrue).

2. ...equate intelligence with smarts/knowledge/skills/abilities acquired (untrue).

3. ...can't comprehend how a high-IQ person thinks/acts, and that it is inherently different from that of normal-IQ people and yet may be irrelevant in any given scenario.

4. ...find high-IQ behavior/actions illogical or confusing or contrary to their own misconceptions about what high-IQ means and doesn't mean.

5. ...don't know someone with a high IQ and make bad assumptions based on TV/movie portrayals of such people.

6. ...think that high-IQ people feel or actually ARE superior to them in some way (untrue! There are egotists and successful people with all different IQ levels).

7. ...think high-IQ people are more successful and have an easier life than they do (untrue!).

8. ...assume that high-IQ people are stuck-up and unfriendly to normal-IQ people and/or are all "crazy geniuses" (idiot/savants) like Einstein.

9. ...assume that high-IQ people are outstandingly great at all things they attempt to do: chess, especially; sometimes music and fine arts, too. (untrue! I've never seen Einstein's paintings, if he did any, nor heard his music, if he made/composed any.)

10. ...equate high-IQ with creativity and productivity. (untrue.)

Most people with normal IQs expect way too much out of people with high IQs, and they may be judged on a higher "grading curve" throughout life because of that huge misunderstanding. The ignorant media has done much to make people threatened and misunderstanding of people with high-IQs, I hate to say, making life difficult for the high IQ person... and lonely and misunderstood.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer.  Many people with high IQs feel quite alienated and misunderstood.

2. Laura Schneider profile image90
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, gmwilliams! I know several people with high IQs, and they really do feel alienated and misunderstood. It's a shame because they contribute less to society and conversations because they don't want to appear as intelligent as they really are!

3. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is such a shame that society values averageness and mediocrity.  Gifted people are indeed marginalized by the masses.

working