What are 10 ways YOU believe that postmodern, 21st century Western society and culture have
pediaphobia/misopedia in terms of its symptoms, perspectives, and attitudes? Pediaphobia means fear and dislike of children while misopedia means hatred of children. Children are our most precious resource in the world; however, many of them are treated with the least of respect. They are oftentimes viewed as second class citizens. They have the least human rights by adults who are entrusted with their care. There are parents who view children as tolerable burdens, enduring them and pushing them to leave when they are 18 or become old enough to take care of themselves.
I don't think there is anything special about post modern society that is any different than any society that is Pre or Post Jesus.
1. Legalized, government supported abortion
2. Unionized public schools that allow child abusers to remain employed
3. Oversexualized media brainwashing children about false happiness.
4. Deterioration of marriage and family and the nurturing that is lost as a result.
5. Movies and Video games which teach violence and no responsibility attached to criminal behavior.
6. Government leaders who lie to be re-elected.
7. Sports stars that cheat to win offer bad role models of social behavior.
8. Authority figures, like police demeaned in video games and media.
9. Prostitutes and pornography are culturally acceptable lifestyles practices.
10. Homosexuality has become a common way of life.
11. Value of work, especially physical labor, is diminishing, which leads to a society without people from within it to keep it practically functioning.
12. Loss of ability to defend freedom from enemies because technology is provided by providers outside of America's natural borders.
13. Development of individuals who do not know how to provide for themselves in any practical manner, like cooking....
this person is not real. Look at the profile, it makes no sense at all About first memory and yet worn seats by brothers. What is going on?
I am not ready to be real. I am like a Dorothy who has landed in Oz and have no guides. I am like someone who has entered a new community and don' t know or understand where I am. I have only been here a short time and someone is following m
by Grace Marguerite Williams3 years ago
ruthless and predatory? What are the remedies that YOU would suggest to make Western society more evolved and less predatory?
by Grace Marguerite Williams20 months ago
What are the ways that postmodern, 21st century American culture & society remind one of VictorianEnglish society out of Charles Dickens' novels? The more I observe postmodern American society, the more...
by Disappearinghead4 years ago
I was just reading a post on another thread about the 10 commandments and the subject of adultery was raised. The point was that the apparent imbalance between the sexes regarding the law was that women had a lower...
by Christin Sander6 years ago
What should the role of sex in Western society be? Do you think we go to far?What should the role of sex in society be? Do you think we go to far? or the opposite - do we make sex a "dirty" thing so that...
by Rodric Johnson5 years ago
What makes a tattoo a bad thing in Western society?Even in today's society tattoos are frowned upon, why?
by Carolyn Dahl5 years ago
Why is eating so much meat a part of our Western society?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.