jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

To all childfree people out there, what were the 10 most ignorant things that pe

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To all childfree people out there, what were the 10 most ignorant things that people have said to

you?
    Although being childfree is a viable life choice, there are those pundits who feel that childfree people are "missing" something and not being "truly authentic" adults.  There is still inordinate prejudice and hatred of childfree people in this society.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8579121_f260.jpg

2. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image61
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

I believe the most common, strangely the most harsh, commentary childfree people always hear is that they are sterile. Sterility can cause high levels of depression, specially to men.

3. profile image0
    mollymcphillipsposted 4 years ago

1.) You have plenty of time. (For what?)
    2.) It's your turn next. (My turn?)
    3.) Your biological clock is ticking. (They've obviously seen "Look Who's Talking" too many times.)
    4.) Don't wait too long. (Who's waiting?)
    5.) Don't have any. (Even though people might be thinking they are making you feel better with this comment, it's a little backhanded and it always comes from people who just got done talking about their own kids for the last two hours.)
    6.) Of course, you want children! (Maybe not.)
    7.) You don't need to have someone to have children. (Duh.)
    8.) Then there are those who are adamant that you DO have to have someone because it's SO hard alone. (Please. Some couples should have been forbidden from having ANY.)
    9.) People are having kids a lot later in life nowadays. (How late in life do you think I am?)
    10.) I don't know what I would do without my kids. (Oh, really? Then, why do you treat them like that?)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, LOVING it!

working