jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which period of history interests you the most?

1. Danida profile image78
    Danidaposted 4 years ago

Which period of history interests you the most?

Personally, I'm a little obsessed with Ancient Egypt. What about you?

2. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

An interesting question. I must dig back in memory a little to school days and ponder what period of authors intrigues me too. World history with authors is the group out of Oxford, of which C.S. Lewis was a member, being the Inklings. So, even thought they wrote from knowledge of world history, that period would have been around 1930 - 1950. With or without oddity that led up to the year of my birth too - 1954. Connectedness  . . . I dun'no.

U.S. history it would be the days of Kit Carson and Lewis and Clark. I love that period of explorers seeking newness. I am not as liking to the era of expansion that followed as much. But, their adventures are intriguing for me. I can relate those to advances in the sciences metaphorically and other advances in life history - individual, groups, and nations.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

My grandfather got me interested in the Civil War. I like reading about the ten or so years before it through the period of reconstruction. The most interesting viewpoints are the ones from the common soldier and the people left at home.

4. cebutouristspot profile image74
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

I share your obsession.  I really would like to have a glimpse at how life really work back then.

How did they really build the pyramid and how does their city really look like.

5. NathaNater profile image89
    NathaNaterposted 4 years ago

America from the 1830s to the early 1900s. All of the weird, tragic and interesting stuff happened in this time period: Formation of street gangs, the Civil War, the Wild West, the Gold Rush, the Industrial Revolution, the rise of Unions and the Labor Movement, the US involvement in war overseas in Russia, China and the Philippines to name a few. Lots of interesting things going on with people and events.

working