jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why did Jesus have the enormous impact he had on world history?

1. Justocuban53 profile image60
    Justocuban53posted 6 years ago

Why did Jesus have the enormous impact he had on world history?

2. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 6 years ago

I guess it is all in the Bible and in the world's history books. However, from my point of view, it is because he was selfless and loved people just because they were people, sacrificing his life to meet their needs, live for them and motivate them with powerful encouraging words like those preached from the mountain. Jesus could have had a great following from the elite, but he chose to separate himself so that what he had to offer was not corrupted like the religious elites of those days (today's included) were/are.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Because Jesus Christ is the son of God.  That packs quite a punch.

4. Hezmyjoy profile image60
    Hezmyjoyposted 6 years ago

Jesus had the impact on world history because He shook up the beliefs of His people. They were trying to do what they had been taught for hundreds of years and were waiting for the Messiah to come and make it better again as it had been prophesied to them through Elijah, Isaiah, Daniel, Moses, Jeremiah and the like. They were waiting for this. Then here comes a mere man (to them). The son of a carpenter. When He went about to heal and teach the good news, the people in His own town questioned His status and why they should even listen.

Even now, I am employed in a Jewish Community. The people that I speak to try to be Orthodox, but they don't understand what they are doing. They are told to do this and that and are obedient to these religious men. When they learn about Jesus, some marvel at the simplicity of it.

Jesus had and impact then and even now. It is amazing!

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

I second duffsmom's answer.

It because Jesus is The Son of God.

I will just add that it is also because He is The King of kings.

6. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    (John 1:1-5 KJV)

God became man in the form of Christ - as Jesus , He laid aside the expression of His Deity while never losing possession of it!
    He was , is and always shall be THE MAN, as no one else could do what He did..

have you ever heard of Buddha, Confucius, Allah or any of these other pathetic people healing anyone?  Delivering them from drugs?  Saving their souls from hell? Restoring their sight?   

Jesus is the coolest!

Even when Voltaire died, after cursing Christ vehemently - his last words were, "thou has conquered O' Nazarene ....

Napolean said of Jesus : “Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded his empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for him. ”