Any thoughts on an alternative educational system that works?

1. okanagangurl profile image87
    okanagangurlposted 4 years ago

Any thoughts on an alternative educational system that works?

Desk-work and the traditional lecture-style teaching model, although easier for teachers to manage, doesn't reach all students.

2. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 4 years ago

If,the purpose of education is to learn how to learn. So.student's can rely more on their themselves when it comes to their education and experimentation rather than just learning through some strictly regimented system for all of their educational needs knowledge of   extracting information from text or hearing the standard explanation from a teacher may not always be enough If, the information extracted is outdated or has just been updated. Information that is unquestionably accurate such as Math and languages are more or less without question definitively accurate depending on the math system used or in the case of language the rules of grammar of a particular language.
    I like the idea of having students who prove to be worthy to assist teachers with helping less advanced students learn what they themselves have already learned.
    If,the purpose of testing is to learn how well each student has advanced  then the purpose of teaching is to give each student the help they may need in learning that which we expect from them without exception as long as the knowledge they learn has a meaningful impact on every students knowledge now and in the future.

3. wmhoward4 profile image68
    wmhoward4posted 4 years ago

In the early years, the Montessori method is one to model. Kids learn but think they are mostly at play.
    I would also recommend reading or watching the Marva Collins story. She successfully taught inner city kids who were failing and rejected by the public schools. Her students eventually out-paced and out-scored their prior schools.
    Differentiated education (tayloring the lesson to individual learning styles) is not as new as some would claim. I have seen it described in books used in the day of the one-room schoolhouse. Today, techknology has made this form of instruction even more powerful and effective.

working