jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If you are from a small family(1-2 children per household), would YOU date/marry

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

If you are from a small family(1-2 children per household), would YOU date/marry a person from

a large family (6 or more children per household), given the different psychosocial familial environment and dynamics?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8907509_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

Very good question! I simply do not know. I am from a family of five siblings. Oddly as I recollect all the ladies I dated were from families with siblings of 2 or 3. I never made that connection before. I ponder if I felt there was less competition becoming a family member? I simply dun'no. How odd . . .

As I think more I realize now the majority, not like I dated many, so easy to recall LOL . . . but overall they almost all were first generation immigrant or second. There parents moved here (US) from abroad or they their self moved her from abroad. A ratio of about 2:3. I now discover that is odd too.

Amazing thought process you have presented to me gmwilliams. Thank You!

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

As the character Bart stated in the movie BLAZING SADDLES, love to keep them riveted!  It is good to stimulate the mind.  In bed w/flu so unable to write hubs for now.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Absolutely big_smile. But, of course, I did...I have only my sister, and I am the younger of us. My husband is the oldest of both his biological and adoptive families, and has 6 biological siblings and 5 adopted. He was adopted when he was 13, so he had plenty of time with both sets of siblings. In addition, he had several foster homes, where I have only ever lived with my biological family. The family environment and dynamics we grew up with were VERY different. Like, I can't think of too many that are more different...even his first language is different from mine. His upbringing was in the inner city of Detroit, and mine in small-town Wyoming.

The result? The differences are what make the relationship fascinating. We have such different ways of looking at the world, but we are both open to new ideas and viewpoints, so it's just a lot of fun to see how we each perceive things. We've been together 5 1/2 years now, and we still spends hours and hours talking every day (despite three kids jumping in the middle), and we still enjoy each other's company immensely.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How SWEET!

4. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Yes, that's the case with my husband and I. I came from a large family, his was only a family of three children. I missed the happy Christmases when there were always lots of children and so much fun. His family was by nature more subdued. There is something to gain both ways. Silence for one, frenzy for the other. Good mix.

working