jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think of the new movie Lucy? Based on the idea we only use 10% of ou

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

What do you think of the new movie Lucy? Based on the idea we only use 10% of our brain...

The new movie Lucy with Morgan Freeman is based on the idea that we only use 10% of our brain, and that this girl can tap into more than 10% and that gives her powers others don't have. What do you think about this? I have read numerous studies I thought disproved the idea that we only use half of our brains, but now I am curious what others think....

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I would like to see how this is different from limitless. I've seen limitless, but I haven't seen Lucy.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I probably would not watch it because I would think it was stupid. My only superheroes were Superman, The Green Hornet and Mighty Mouse.
    I think many of us use more than 10% of our brains these days.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

The more I think of it, I believe I recall studies saying the 10% was only some of us while others used more.Such as  accountants, scientists and certain normal people.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

It has been proven that we use more than 10% of our brain, but because a large amount of people still believe this, making a movie about it will draw in people. However I love any movie that will have lots of neat special effects. So I will likely watch it because of that. Also, Morgan Freeman pretty much guarantees a movie is worth watching to me.

5. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

Fascinating idea and I can't wait to see the movie!

6. RandallJonas profile image87
    RandallJonasposted 3 years ago

This is an urban myth. But I can understand how we would pass this information around even if it is false. The problem is that the brain is so complicated and to this day a mystery in many ways. How can we quantify how much of our brain we use in percentage when we do not really understand how it works. And this is the case with a purely physical look at the brain as if it were some kind of machine.

What about the mind or soul or spirit? What about emotional intellect? And kinetic intellect? The assumption that we can equate brain power usage numerically is false simply because we have no idea what it is. Lastly, there are untapped parts of the brain just waiting to be stimulated for many. If we do not partake in ever searching and learning and exposing ourselves to new ideas and action - the brain gets slow!

A person who never reads, paints exercises or eats properly is not using parts of their "mind" (metaphysical) or brain (physical) because these areas lay dormant. This is simply my opinion.

working