jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

What is the most interesting fact you have read before?

1. Wendi Gjata profile image60
    Wendi Gjataposted 3 years ago

What is the most interesting fact you have read before?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9106452_f260.jpg

2. Kara Skinner profile image83
    Kara Skinnerposted 3 years ago

I think the most interesting fact I've read before was that if humans could use 100% of their brains, they would be able to move objects with their minds.

Wendi Gjataposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I never would have dreamed of that being possible!

3. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 3 years ago

That the electromagnetic and nuclear forces are the two strongest forces of nature... and that the reason our hands stop when pressed against a table is because the electric charge inside the table repels the electric charge in your hand (like two magnets, I think)...and that if this force were turned off, one's hand would easily pass through the table. This is a fact of the Universe, known by physicists, and it reminds me personally of ghosts, who pass through walls, etc. Crazy stuff, right?

I didn't know that! That is absolutely crazy!

4. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

This isn't the most interesting fact, but it's a recent one I just learned. Having 6 fingers on one hand is a dominant gene. All genes came from Adam and Eve. Either Adam or Eve had to have at least 6 fingers on one hand.

Wow, cool!

5. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

Jellyfish have no brains. In fact they're not even one creature but each jellyfish is actually a colony of creatures working as one. They also can go backwards in development (going backwards to a more youthful stage of life) and some think they could potentially live for hundreds of years. No one really know....

1. Kara Skinner profile image83
      Kara Skinnerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's crazy! I knew they didn't have brains but I didn't know about the other part.

2. Wendi Gjata profile image60

That is very interesting, I didn't know much about jellyfish, only that I was scared of being stung of one! It is also really interesting that jellyfish are able to go backwards in development.

6. Sarah Dill profile image82
    Sarah Dillposted 3 years ago

Great white sharks off the coast of Seal Island, Africa are known to jump 10 feet in the air for unsuspecting seals.. I never knew that sharks could jump out of water I thought that was a dolphins job haha I am shark fanatic, so when shark week rolls around I am glued.

7. someonewhoknows profile image74
    someonewhoknowsposted 3 years ago

Dogs as well as other animals can see things we humans can't. Though they may be color blind they can see very long distances as well as light waves that humans are unable to see.Even hear sounds we can't hear and smell things we can't smell.Like cancer in humans

That is so weird, I knew some of it, but not all! I wish that I could see or smell what they do! That would be so cool.....

2. someonewhoknows profile image74
      someonewhoknowsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Also, have heard that certain birds and maybe other animals  can sleep with one eye open. That way they can see predators coming. Apparently one half the brain is awake while the other half is asleep .They switch sides at intervals

8. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

That if a Mother drinks while pregnant and is carrying twins one can be born with Fetal Alcohol and the other may not have it.

Wow, that would suck being born with an addiction to alchohol but having a fortunate twin that isn't.

9. hubsy profile image81
    hubsyposted 2 years ago

I read somewhere before that otters sleep holding hands and thought that was so cute!

working