jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to Stop Yourself From Crying

1. demurebyj profile image41
    demurebyjposted 3 years ago

How to Stop Yourself From Crying

2. profile image55
    Nicole Nichols-Smposted 3 years ago

Not really a crier but I listen to music all day at my desk either streaming I Heart Radio or my IPOD. Every once in a while a song will come on that brings tears to my eyes, especially when I listen to my IPod.(I have several gospel songs) Crying is something you never want your coworkers to see. When that happens I usually fan my face and take a drink of what I have on my desk and try not to listen to every word. Not sure why but there is a line in the song "Its all about the base" that makes me want to cry. LOL

3. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

Drinking water helps for me, but I don't know why.  Also petting a dog or a cat works it releases a chemical in your body that makes you happy. The best thing to do is just cry. Tears reduce stress and clean your eyes out.

4. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

If you ever need to stop crying, this does work every time....It sounds daft, but try it because it does work every time........All you do is slowly look left then right 6 times, eyes open or closed.....Then try to do a figure of 8 slowly with your eyes, which is tricky but that's the point of doing it.....If you do it you will be distracting the negative thoughts, that caused you to cry....So by doing it your distracting the negative unwanted thoughts by concentrating on your eye movement instead, & while your not thinking you can't manifest negative thoughts which then go on to cause negative emotions & feelings......So I'm not making it up, & i wouldn't say it as a joke.....So if you "ever" need to stop crying, & it doesn't matter how bad it seems at the time, it will work.....Also get into mindful meditation asap, because it is the dog's B's....Your'l learn more about yourself, & emotions/feelings etc, than you ever thought possible.... :-)